Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a spark grid in their haunt? I want to incorporate one this year, but had a few questions. I know you use a battery charger to power it (negative lead to fence, positive lead to striking tool), but is this something that can be harmful to the battery charger? Also, are the sparks intense enough to worry about burning the costume of the person "sparking" Any info would be great!

I want to make a sparking freddy claw but with a chainlink fence

YouTube- SPARK GLOVE

so far i have a freddy claw (all metal with metal blades not sharpened on a leather glove) to use as the "wand" and i will hook the claw up to an extension cord that way i can run the claw along the fence while it is plugged in (conceal the cord though) and it will easily detach so i can chase the runners and then when i return i can just plug it back in and its ready to spark... should i wear a latex glove to insulate myself against the electricity? the circuit will be complete through the metal claws and the fence not me but I'm not all that positive about if i should worry about that

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you would have to try to "favor" a single claw because if you just ran all four across the fence, at least one claw might always be touching and thus won't spark cuz the circuit will always be closed... The spark comes from completing the circuit

·
Registered
373 Posts
That looks like an awesome effect. I also think one claw will still create a good amount of sparks. There may be too many wires to trip over if you used two.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i meant one blade... i would only use one claw and besides... the wirre would get in the way as you said

1 - 5 of 5 Posts