Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’m looking for a source to purchase posable life size bodies to design my own props.

All I’ve found are the cloth dummies on eBay and amazon, or store mannequins.

I’m looking for the ones that have bendable wires in them, and come with a stand...Just not having any luck finding anything.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I will give a shout out to Diabolik and Spider Hill. I have used both the single and double spine kits and they are really a blessing. I mount mine to the wooden rounds available at Home Depot. If you check my post below re; props I'm working on you will see three different ways I used them.
With care they should essentially last forever. And they can potentially be animated too.
They do require that you figure out how to "bulk out" the bodies but if everything was plug and play a lot of the fun would go out of the season.
You will find tons of assiitance here on the board.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,649 Posts
Another vote for Spider Hill and their adjustable pvc joints. The posable figures you're looking for would most likely be cost prohibitive. Using the pvc joints you can get almost any position you want for your props. Use large foam pool noodles to bulk up legs and arms and there are several ways to fill out chests/torsos. A full sized standing figure will run you less than $20.00

·
Registered
628 Posts
Another vote for Spider Hill and their adjustable pvc joints. The posable figures you're looking for would most likely be cost prohibitive. Using the pvc joints you can get almost any position you want for your props. Use large foam pool noodles to bulk up legs and arms and there are several ways to fill out chests/torsos. A full sized standing figure will run you less than $20.00
You must get a frequent buyer discount @ $20.00. Single spine is 34.99. Have I missed something?.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,649 Posts
You must get a frequent buyer discount @ $20.00. Single spine is 34.99. Have I missed something?.
Most of my standing figures only use the joints at the shoulders and elbows so you can make a figure with those posable joints for cheap, including the pvc pipe, but yes, if you're buying the full kit it'll run more. Still much less than a pre-made posable life sized figure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts