Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to make something similar to this:

Does anyone have a recommendation for what I can use for the broth? I was thinking of just making it a real soup ( using broth, or colored water ), but i don't like the idea of it just sitting out, someone could knock it over.

So is there anything out there that will give me the look of a broth but will harden quickly?

thanks

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,826 Posts
Yup!

Resin! It's easily available at places like Michael's, Hobby Lobby or Joann even. It's used to make jewelry. You can get gel resin color to tint to get a broth color, and use old soup bowls/spoons picked up from a goodwill/thrift store.

Don't forget to check for coupons - all three of the above stores take their competitor's coupons so find the best one. Also do watch a few tutorials/test it out first. ;)

The resin color kits seem high priced to me, so I'd likely experiment with doing the bowl like 3/4 full with clear resin, let that harden completely, then use a very thin layer of broth colored (yellow with a touch of red) watered-down acrylic paint on that surface, let THAT dry, then add a thin layer of clear resin on top to get that shiny liquid look back since the paint part will dry duller and unlikely shiny enough to simulate real liquid. May not be perfect so I'd try a very small container to test this out and not waste a bunch of resin myself... or paint the inside of the bowl first and THEN put in the clear resin? Worth attempting a few tiny experiments. BUT if you're going to have this under any sort of low/colored light at all, just go with clear resin and don't waste the time trying to tint it since it will be lost under anything but regular/normal lighting conditions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In regards to the reference to Beijing Soup, I suspect it is best to avoid the reference to China. China has a high abortion rate, including very late term abortions, and forced abortions. Also, they are agressive about using human embroyos for experimentation. So I suspect that it is best to avoid it, because the purpose of a haunted house is to provide entertainment. Any reference to China would be too close to reality.

Actually, the entire subject may fall into that category, even without the China reference. This is because many vaccines are made using tissue taken from aborted children. The children's tissue is filtered out, leaving the part they want for the vaccine. But, for those who know that aborted children are used to make vaccines for human consumption, it may strike too close to reality use this soup idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts