Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that someone posted a thread on how to remove music and leave vocals for a 3-axis skull. I think that they were using Goldwave , maybe Audacity to do this. Can anyone help? Thanks, Jeff

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
If the music and vocals were recorded on separate tracks, you can easily use Audacity to separate the tracks and mute the music. Otherwise, I don't think Audacity has a function for extracting just the vocals from a mixed track. I know there are certain tools for masking the vocals and leaving the instrumental, such as on karaoke systems.

Here's some more info:
Audacity Forum - Extract a vocal from a song AND KEEP THE VOCAL

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help. I'm going to try both and see what works best for me.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
I have wondered the same thing, I only have experience with audacity so far and am just starting to get somewhat good with it. I was just thinking yesterday that i wondered if there was a way i could take vocals out of the music. I will investigate the posted link there and give it a try. Thank you.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kprimm, Removing the vocals can be done with Audacity, what I'm trying to do is remove the music and leave the vocals. If I remember right you have to mix both channels together then use the remove vocals feature.

Calloween, Is there a tool for lyric editting or do you have to search for it, I just downloaded Goldwave and probably won't get to it until the weekend. Thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts