Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to learn how to add sound to some simpel props.
I see good homade props on you tube with sound and their must be a way to do this without spending alot of money. I made hanging guy with kicking legs, trash can poper, coffen with pneumatic dead guy,but not as cool as it could be, if could learn to add sound that would be sweet.:confused: fyi i know about the FX box and stuff like that but i dont have that kind of money right now. need a cheep way to do this. thx, No luck

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd get a few cheap 512 meg mp3 players and some cheap computer speakers.

Loop the sound effect on the mp3 player, and plug the speakers into a power strip so you can turn them off and on.. Hit the power when they get close.. It's not going to be perfect by any means, but it's better than no sound.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I picked up a Wine Gift Bag that allows you to record and playback a short message - about 20 seconds. The quality isn't brilliant but I'm about to try and route it through an amplifier to see if it improves. I've already taken it out of the gift bag and wired it to a little push switchbut it could just as easily be connected to a relay.

The Wine Bag cost about $3 aus

·
Registered
206 Posts
Some good options above. The down side to these is that they do no allow for an activate on command option. How is your hangman activated? Is he always running or is there a sensor to turn him on and off? If so, you can wire your speaker into that so the track is always playing but the speakers turn on and off. That's easiest.

If you can spend some money and have a microcontroller for your props, there are other more reliable options.

But, as far as quality and loudness, that's going to depend on your speakers and amplifier. You can find audio systems and speakers on freecycle all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts