Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I purchased one of these broomstick on ebay, but I can barely hear the sound of the witch... All I can hear is the motor running...

Any ideas on what I could do to change this? Could it be that I paid only 15$, and that it might not be the "real thing"? I have absolutely no clue what to do here, and I'm very electronically challenged... so please bear with me! ;)

Here are some pictures of the inside...

·
Registered
460 Posts
I could be wrong but to me it looks like the PC Board has had a little moisture gotten to it (milky looking spots on the circuit board) and if that is the case the speaker might have gotten damaged if it did get wet. The poeple you got it from might have put it on their porch of something and it got damp from rain. Just a thought.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know you say you are 'electronically challenged', but one quick test you could do would be to hook up another speaker as a test. You might even be able to simply hold the wires of test speaker onto the terminals of the current speaker. The sound might not be great since you are sharing the sound between two speakers, but if it gets louder, then you could probably just swap out the old speaker with a new one. Old computer speakers might just do the trick or you could snag one out of an old child's toy.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know you say you are 'electronically challenged', but one quick test you could do would be to hook up another speaker as a test. You might even be able to simply hold the wires of test speaker onto the terminals of the current speaker. The sound might not be great since you are sharing the sound between two speakers, but if it gets louder, then you could probably just swap out the old speaker with a new one. Old computer speakers might just do the trick or you could snag one out of an old child's toy.
Thanks for your suggestion HH.... but just to make sure.... what exactly are the "terminals of the current speakers"? Is it where the speaker's black wires are connected to the green board? I told you, I'm VERY electronically challenged... :eek:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Don't try to hold wires up to the circuit board, it would be too easy to short something out. What he is telling you to do is get another small speaker and take it out of whatever it is in. Now it should just have two wires coming out of it. Press one wire to each of the silver contacts where the current speaker wires are connected to the speaker (as you show in the very last picture). Now the sound will come out of both speakers. If the sound is louder in the new speaker, then the old speaker needs to be replaced. If not, the problem is something else. Good luck!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info tekcor1! Haven't had the time to try this, but your instructions are electronically-challenged-proof... just what I needed! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts