Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a great little sound recorder that has 20-21 sec of record & playback.
It has a control for sensitivity of motion sensor,a volume control. I bought 2 of these
to try out & was so impressed with them that i bought several more. It has a speaker
that with the volume control,you can hear it very well !! They are on EBay &
the seller is fast on shipping & communication.They were $6. plus a flat $2.25 shipping.
Of all the sound recorders i have seen & tried this lil guy is worth it.He is doing
bids starting now at $8. Sells/bids them on a 20 lot dutch auction,but always seems
to never sell more than 20 at a time,so i get them at the begining bid or a .50-$1. more,
but still worth it.They have a 6ft motion sensor range........but could be hacked to a trigger.....?
has an inlet for a plug 110ac adapter but he doesn't have them or know what ac-dc power adapter it uses,
but runs off 4 aa batts. If you are looking for a sound recorder/play back for a prop or even hide it
& as someone goes by it goes off with whatever...........
These are new & auction ends he always has another 20 up for sale.Not sure how many of these they have left.....& he is near me,SF bay area,vacaville/Benica

Talking Motion Detector Security/Play! Halloween! - eBay (item 180294710224 end time Oct-05-08 19:06:10 PDT)

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually impressed by the little speaker that it has.Clear & loud enough,but i am sure it can be re-speakered.
I've bought a few out there & they are $20.. plus shipping,or crappy speaker & 10 sec record playback, I like that this has volume &
sensor control & that i can hear it from a decent distance ! & this is the reason i want to pass this on as we seem to have a lack of
stand alone recorders with a trigger for a hear-able playback that is AFFORDABLE for the haunter on a budget & with 20-21 sec of recordabillty.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it is not yours,they are motion sensored,not pir. But someone on another halloween forum remembers these out a few years ago & never heard bad about them
& that there were some that had modified them for remote (mat,etc) activating & redoing them with pirs.... come on here,the home of "lets tweek it" someone here
has proven that 99 percent of the time anything can be rerigged !! :D
I placed a light (red or blue works) as ambient lighting,just enough so that when someone walks by it,it triggers.

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
I've been messing with mine for about a week. The light sensor is pretty poor for Halloween use. It needs a light source to be broken to trigger. Still, it's very handy.

I modified one last night. I added an external speaker jack and disconnected the CdS sensor. I ran the sensor wires to an external jack which connects to a relay on a prop controller I built. Instant sound effect when I need it! Solved a lot of problems for me on this particular prop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
sound boxes trigger with PIR

ive got a couple of these sound devices also. the CDS sensor doesnt work in the dark at all. Here is what i want to do. if anyone can help let me know if this is possible and simple. i got a paralax PIR from radio Shack. cant i just remove the CDS and solder on the PIR? if so i dont know what to connect to what. ther are 3 pins on the pir. (-) grd, + and signal. the CDS sensor on has a pair a wire leads to it. i guess + & -. i tried it but didnt get any result. maybe i didnt let it activate long enough? Also there is a jumper for hi lo. not sure hat that is for? any help? I want to make this work without programming and more complicated controllers. thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts