Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Folks,

Anybody out there have one of these Sonicrafters?? I saw it on TB and at Lowe's and it looks pretty useful!

-Doc

·
Registered
552 Posts
Its good for building random things, but just like every other tool in the chest it has its uses and it has its limitations. I don't own one, but have used one when laying hardwood flooring and molding throughout a house. It is pretty fun as it just vibrates through the material

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts
I just talked to my local hardware store about them this weekend. They told me that they have sold a lot of them and that they are good quality. Only had one of them come back. Plus they seem to come with a 2 year warranty, so I am thinking about getting one myself.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Anyone try this cutter on foam board? I wonder if it is as messy as a traditional
saw?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am looking to use it on extruded foam board also. Typically, I use hot wire for intricate cuts; and use table saw for bigger cuts (or just snap off scored chucks). I am asking for the Rockwell Sonicrafter from Lowe's for Father's day -- unless it's at Home Depot and cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts