Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting parts are getting harder to find and more expensive. I have a 1973 firebird and have a bad spindle on it. I ordered one on ebay from a guy who claimed to have one waited two weeks to get it. When it finally came in it was the wrong year. Why do people who know nothing about cars sell parts on the internet. He is trying to work with me on the issue but in order to make the parts he sent me work I will have to sink more money into it just to make them work. Years ago I could go to the junk yard and get everything I need, but now with the good old internet everyone is stripping these old cars and selling the parts online. There are no old cars at my old junk yards haunts. The oldest I've seen is 1985. No old firebird or camaros there at all. Sometimes technology sux.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I hear you! I have a 70 Torino Convertible and have sunk so much into it I could have bought a new car. The yards around here smash all the old ones to make room for the new ones. Very depressing! I am about to buy two new convertible cylinders to lift the roof and each one runs $200!

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far in order to make these that I got work I would have to replace rotors, calipers and maybe brake hoses. All I needed was a spindle. Parts would cost almost $100. Thats after spending $100 aleady. I need to find out what the guy who sold them to me will do for me. Something tells me he's gonna get some unfavorable feedback. Unless he can squat one out or refund me. Oh how I hate not driving my own car. If this doesn't lite a fire under my @$$ to get my other car going I don't know what will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts