Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the board.
we are planning for the first time a fall party for teens.
we want to have them walk a trail through the woods after dark.
I would love to find something motion activated (that I can set up ahead of time) that would scare them. I would love to find something that speaks or growls like a cat or barking dog something in that nature, but I don't know where to start looking. I've tried google and can't find anything.

thanks

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
you might want to check ebay under holiday, collectibles, halloween. I'm not sure of anything that actually meows or barks. You could build something with a piccaboo from frightcatalog that would record the sounds. Since you don't have much time left to do this or know what you are planning on spending, all the best I can do is wish you luck.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
I'm guessing from your post that you want a ready-made product? so no work on your part with the exception of set up and connect??

If that's the case, how much are you willing to spend because there's some awesome built props out there for sale. Although its kind of late to be looking for them actually. A lot of sites I visit online seem to be low on inventory or sold out of things I saw during the summer. If you have bigger bucks to spend, I'm sure folks here can mention a few of their favorite prop sites.

On a lower end budget $40, maybe something like the Animated Rise from the Grave Grim Reaper from Spirit Halloween would work for you. Here's a link. There a video of it in action there.

As for motion activated animals, I'm building a wolf right now out of an animated xmas reindeer. Not too tough to do but does take some time. It's pretty easy to add glowing eyes to it and the head moves. I'm going to add a motion activated wolf growling soundtrack to it using a motion sensor and mp3 player and speakers. Off hand I don't know of any place that sells something like this though. If you think you might want to try tackling something like this go to this thread in the Tutorial Step-by-Step section of the forum: http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/76365-wolf-animated-christmas-deer.html

You said this was going to be in the woods. Are you going to have a way to run electrical out there or are you dependent on batteries? That will make a big difference in the prop.

If you are just looking for a good scare, I'd also consider hiring some local kids to dress up and hide in the woods. If they have cell phones you could ring them to let them know the "victims" are on their way to the woods and to be set up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts