Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We use our front porch as part of our haunted trail that goes through our yard. This year we put our Pennywise figure on the porch, along with about 100 balloons and the It music playing. We also had a fog machine to make it more creepy.

About an hour into trick or treating, a guy comes to the house in the same Pennywise mask and costume we use on the figure. He walked past me and I thought he would be great to have running around the yard, so I called over to my wife and told her to ask Pennywise if he would like to hang out and help us. I saw them talk for a second, and the guy went onto our porch. He was standing behind the Pennywise figure and then jumping out at people when they walked by.

A little while later, my daughter-in-law who was there helping us had to make a bathroom visit and walked onto the porch. She saw the back of the guy in the Pennywise costume and didn't think about it as she had put the figure out. Then he moved to get ready to scare someone and scared the Hell out of my daughter-in-law. I heard her scream "who the $%&^ are you!" and then she ran out of the porch. :) The girl who had been scaring people all night got a good scare herself. She came over to where I was standing and told me when she saw Pennywise move she freaked out!

It turned out that Pennywise wasn't even a guy. It was a gal named Amanda who lives in our neighborhood. She said she's been coming to our house for the last four years since her family moved here, and she came in costume because our house really gets her in the Halloween mood. She wanted to know if she could come next year and help us set up and work as an actor, and we told her welcome to the Halloween family!

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Aww. That's so nice that the Pennywise ended up being a potential scareactor!

And hilarious that she got your DIL good. :D

Reactions: Wolfbeard

Registered
One October people were getting scared here, but there was no one in "The Box"?
Was it just their imaginations? Or was one of the Spirits here just having some fun, helping us out?
The person who was supposed to be in there got freaked out when first timers were reacting to an empty scare station which looked very un-scary and did nothing.
Yes, this is a "Haunted" Haunted House.

Registered
That sounds great! Always good to have someone help you out like that. I tried to get my son to dress as Jason and help
us out but he found it more important to sit on the computer all night. Oh well.

Registered
A man had been through this house 3 or 4 times. He returned one night asking if he could work here? Sure, bring your own costume."
He came that night wearing a really nice looking Pennywise costume. He is a big man , measured any way you may measure him.
We told him exactly what we needed him to do for us, instead he spent the next 30-45 minutes standing our parking lot with people getting their pictures taken with him?
Nope! Not what we needed you to do, goodby!"
We pay people money who work here, they have no trouble accepting our money, but sometimes.....you would just love to scream in their face and say:"Please Do what we asked you to do!"
(We are not asking them to crawl over broken glass naked or anything, although that may become a potential employee test. "Sorry about that, we were just "Checking".)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts