Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on Craigslist last night & saw this posting. I replied within 20 minutes of it going up for sale. Waited anxiously for 18 hours to get a text, email, or phone call. 10 minutes ago the posting was updated that it was sold. No response from the seller to my message(s). I was polite, included contact info, & that I could purchase whenever I needed to be there. Even offered a much higher amount. So if it is someone here on the forum, congrats (as I sigh in huge disappointment for myself :() It was listed for $200 for everything.

00H0H_28vzxNGKgU4_1200x900.jpg
00g0g_cyw0Q7TmEBS_1200x900.jpg

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
Wow, I wish all of my life-size props had those type of stands!

Maybe they got so many responses that they figured they were way off the mark with their asking price and decided to pull it?

^ I agree with this... they may have been testing the waters to see if they got any interest and pulled the ad after a bunch of folks jumped on it. Likely will see some of those listed individually for much higher either in the coming month or right after Halloween. The photos were taken in a climate controlled storage unit, so likely it wasn't the originally buyer (as anyone paying $$ for climate controlled units would know how rare some of those props are).

If someone did actually sell all of those for that price... oh my goodness someone in the haunt world just hit the score of a lifetime!

·
Wee bit Wicked
2,143 Posts
Somebody got a danged good deal! :)

Earlier this year, I posted all my H'ween on a local yard sale FB page. Included all my skellies, tombstones, the faux wrought iron fence that took me 2 months to build, etc.. Offered it dirt cheap cause it was April & I didn't think anyone would be interested. It was all gone in 5 minutes. The buyers came over, backed their trailer into the driveway, loaded it up, & drove off into the sunset. I got a little misty eyed.
But, I was super surprised how fast it sold & had many more sending me messages wanting it. Didn't know so many people were interested in H'ween around here, especially in April. :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the support. Was sick to my stomach all day after finding out I lost out. I'm sure someone put a bigger $$ amount in the contact title than I did. The seller said in their ad that they'd bought a storage unit & ended up with all that Halloween stuff. They "just weren't into Halloween", so they didn't have a clue as to value. I wouldn't have sold the stuff to make a profit, just cannot afford to buy those pieces for the premium price they do sell at. Will watch the local CL to see if any of it shows up & look on eBay, too. Regardless, life goes on. Last year there was a posting for 6 of the premium Gemmy life size figures still in box that someone found in the attic of the house they bought. Those were listed for $100 for all. I replied within an hour but never heard back from the seller. So it feels like a double whammy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts