Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the fence and one of the columns up over the weekend..
Better pics are forthcoming.. but i snapped a couple quick tonite as it started to mist rain a bit.

I started to put the mausoleum up today as well.. I still have to line up the one side because its sitting a lil slanted.. Of course when i built it i had it on totally level ground so it all lined up nicely and such.. But putting it onto the steps took a lil more effort so i have to "adjust" to make it right..

I'll tapcon it down into the steps so it doesn't adjust itself in the wind at all but with the roof tresses and roof on its a full stable building that weighs a few hundred pounds so its not going anywhere quickly

Then i have to put the columns and arch on the front and the gargoyle pillars as well .

Hang the Crank ghost and adjust the front gate as i made it slightly bigger than i expected too..l

Oh well

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks..

I have been slowly working on stuff for a few months.. I would say i probably have about 40 hours or so total into all my props so far.. but done a few hours here.. a few hours there.

Putting it together again since its all modular ( well other than the columns ) so it breaks down for storage took a lil longer than i expected due to "rebuilding" in a new spot with some new challenges.. Previously in the same spot in the backyard i can rebuild the mausoleum in around 45 mins.. i worked about an 1.5 hr to get what i got up last night on the maus..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some additional Shots..

Got a lil more done tonite.. got the archway up and the columns on the mausoluem and hung the FCG
Still have to put out the gargoyle columns

More pictures & video can be found here under the Progress link.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
WOW! Scream the house looks great!! I love the Masouleum and the FCG looks fabulous in there. I like the gate you put in the door way. Is that PVC?? I bet that helps keep the lil ones from pulling on the crank ghost. I may consider doing something like that for Halloween night. I also really like the cemetery fence with the columns. Great job!! I need to do a nice cemetery fence, but have no time this year for one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Spooki :)

The gate was actually really easy its just 3/4 strips of wood cut to various lengths and then a couple of the same strips horiztonally to hold it all together with some 3" PVC for rings. I think it took about 30 mins to put together and then i just used the finials i had left over from the fence. You could use PVC just as easy for the verticles but i am more comfortable working with wood and these were left overs from the fence build as well.

Nice thing is its secured from the inside so no one can get at the ghost.> i can get to her from the inside of the house by opening my front door.

I took the day off tomorrow to get some stuff done and i'll be posting some more pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts