Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back over memorial day My wife and I visited my family's lake house in upper Michigan. Of course we had to take our new SLR camera for a spin in the local cemetery! :D I thought there were some very interesting shapes, and placements of names and such and figured everyone here would enjoy some inspiration... So...uh...ENJOY!

Picasa Web Albums - RavencrestCemetery - Tombstones-Dr...

·
Reaper Queen
8,978 Posts
fantastic pics! I love the one of Hanna Heinonen also, the saying," her end was peace"that is nice.
I went to Drummond Island for the first 20 years of my life, I would love to go back some day, the one with the last name of Bailey, we rented cotteges when I was small from Baileys, the were a big family on the isaland in the 50's and 60's , they sold out in the late 60's. It was interesting for me, not only do I love cemeteries, I have such a history on Drummond(almost married local guy,) Thank you very much for positng these.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Thanks for the pics, they're great!

I love this one:

I'm hoping to build something like this for my graveyard.

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
Wow those are good pics,I found out recently that a local cemetery was used in the filming of Thriller. I'd like to drop by and get my own cemetery pics.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fantastic pics! I love the one of Hanna Heinonen also, the saying," her end was peace"that is nice.
I went to Drummond Island for the first 20 years of my life, I would love to go back some day, the one with the last name of Bailey, we rented cotteges when I was small from Baileys, the were a big family on the isaland in the 50's and 60's , they sold out in the late 60's. It was interesting for me, not only do I love cemeteries, I have such a history on Drummond(almost married local guy,) Thank you very much for positng these.
That's awesome, Bethene! I've been going up there for 30 years...as long as I've been alive. And my parents and grandparents before me have gone up there since the 40s or 50s...before the Mackinac bridge was even there! I have a pic of the tombstone of the guy that built the house my Grandparents bought up there (also in the D.I. cemetery) but it just wasn't as interesting looking as all these. And the Bailey family still owns pretty much everything up there...the Yacht Haven, the big resort and golf course, a few restaurants...

Terra, you can probably tell, but that second one you liked is actually wood! There were two wooden tombstones there! Surprisingly, not as old as you would think.

Glad everyone likes the pics! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts