Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this evening our doorbell rang and a family was standing on the porch when I opened the door. The Mom said that she was representing several other families in the community. They wanted to thank us for our Halloween display. She said that coming to our house has become a tradition for her kids and others in the neighborhood.

She handed me an envelope that read “To Spooky House Family from your friends”. I opened the envelope and there was a Halloween card with 8 families listed. There was also a Walmart gift card included with a generous amount attached to it. I was speechless and stammered out a Thank You and some other insufficient statements. They promised that they will be back tomorrow to enjoy all the Halloween festivities. I was so blown away by this and thought that I would share with you.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their ideas and experience. I've learned so much on this site. Happy Halloween!!! :D

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Awwwww, that is a great story. How cool is that? They are expressing their gratitude for what you have provided for the neighborhood. Moments like that make is all so worthwhile!!! Way to go!

Now you need to post some pictures of your haunt so we can praise you as well. :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
That is so awesome! Tonight while I was outside freaking about the incoming storm, a guy stopped by on his bike. He told me he went on a ride to my house to specifically look at it. :). I told him that we were planning on making a tent so that we could display things and hopefully still have our music and sound effects.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Great to hear about the neighbors actually having something positive to say for a change, rather than all of the usual BS about how Halloween is damaging their children's fragile minds and such. It is also very nice that they took up a collection and gave you a Walmart card. Congratulations on making such an impression.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts