Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time this Halloween, with about double the TOTs we had after moving to a new house and neighborhood last year. We saw some interesting flow dynamics. The flow started about 7:00 with the littlest kids, then the bigger kids started rolling through about 8:00, but then we saw a surge about 8:30 of people arriving in vehicles as word got out from earlier visitors to their friends and they made the trip to come over to the house. The bad part was out of about ten houses in view, only one other house was giving out candy! I know the economy is bad, but you can't afford $10 for some candy???

We made two major changes this year. The first was adding the jumping spider, which worked great. Even better, we mounted it to a table so it was about a foot and a half off the ground and when it jumped it was just about in your face so the effect was more intense than jumping from the ground. The other change was using the AtmosfearFX Ghastly Apparitions DVD to project on a window at the front of the house. One word: AWESOME! We tested it the Sunday before Halloween and had traffic stopped in front of the house all night. We also had lots of neighbors coming by to ask how we did it. We used a projector we bought off Craigslist for $40 and it all worked great. Best bang for the buck there is.

Here's some pics of the set up:

My sons hung two tarps up in front of our porch

The TOTs had to walk down the walkway past the tarps, past the spider, and then go behind the tarps to get to the candy, which was on the table at the far end of the porch. Once they walked past the front door and were focused on the candy, my son, dressed as Michael Myers, would slip out the front door and come up behind them. This scared more of the parents than the kids. :)

Our Creeper with his new and improved wings up on the roof.

Our Creature From The Black Lagoon was back with his brand new Ben Chapman head. My sons took an old iguana cage and put the Creature so it looked like he was breaking out and trying to grab people as they walked by.

Our Gremlin was hiding in the bushes again.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My son Chris made this scarecrow out of a bunch of junk parts like an old pumpkin decoration and parts of a broken Walgreens skeleton. The scarecrow pointed to where the TOTs needed to start their path to the house. Great example of how imagination and creativity beats expensive store-bought props anyday.

And a shot of the front yard.

·
Undertaker
3,165 Posts
Had a great time this Halloween, with about double the TOTs we had after moving to a new house and neighborhood last year. We saw some interesting flow dynamics. The flow started about 7:00 with the littlest kids, then the bigger kids started rolling through about 8:00, but then we saw a surge about 8:30 of people arriving in vehicles as word got out from earlier visitors to their friends and they made the trip to come over to the house. The bad part was out of about ten houses in view, only one other house was giving out candy! I know the economy is bad, but you can't afford $10 for some candy???

We made two major changes this year. The first was adding the jumping spider, which worked great. Even better, we mounted it to a table so it was about a foot and a half off the ground and when it jumped it was just about in your face so the effect was more intense than jumping from the ground. The other change was using the AtmosfearFX Ghastly Apparitions DVD to project on a window at the front of the house. One word: AWESOME! We tested it the Sunday before Halloween and had traffic stopped in front of the house all night. We also had lots of neighbors coming by to ask how we did it. We used a projector we bought off Craigslist for $40 and it all worked great. Best bang for the buck there is.

Here's some pics of the set up:

My sons hung two tarps up in front of our porch

The TOTs had to walk down the walkway past the tarps, past the spider, and then go behind the tarps to get to the candy, which was on the table at the far end of the porch. Once they walked past the front door and were focused on the candy, my son, dressed as Michael Myers, would slip out the front door and come up behind them. This scared more of the parents than the kids. :)

Our Creeper with his new and improved wings up on the roof.

Our Creature From The Black Lagoon was back with his brand new Ben Chapman head. My sons took an old iguana cage and put the Creature so it looked like he was breaking out and trying to grab people as they walked by.

Our Gremlin was hiding in the bushes again.

You did yourself ! Outstanding!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
DaveintheGrave
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing