Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I am attempting to make a pop up prop like the one at:

http://www.horrorseek.com/home/halloween/wolfstone/PropsMisc/sklpop_PopupSkeleton.html

But my air valve ballooned out around the plastic cylinder just below the electrical contacts. (it was also quite hot after I shut off the power).

I was using a universal dishwasher fill valve, hooked to 110V. It was only plugged in to power for 15-20 seconds max, with air feed of 30 psi. Anybody have an Idea why this is happening?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Could be a multitude of things, could possibly not be rated for AC voltage, or The air was hooked up backwards, or failure of the valve. Honestly if you are going to work with pneumatics I would highly recommend getting valves that are designed to work with pressurized air.

Is there any way to open it and see if there is anything obvious??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for five bucks, I figured I could replace it, so I just tossed it. There was no electrical polarity marked on the valve. It seemed to work fine during the short time it was hooked up. If this valve was wired to a controller board it may be a DC valve, but it appears to be the same solenoid everyone is talking about as using from a washing machine, so should be AC.

I will make sure my next valve is connected properly, with air moving in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts