Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, still having issues finding cylinders or solenoids in town but finally ran across this.

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/...d-Activated-Pneumatic-Control-Valve/8226615.p

It does not look like FrightProps' solenoid but slightly resembles it.
My question is, does anyone know what type of electronic valve thing those are? There is two on this solenoid and they do not have wires hanging out to connect to the PicoBoo.

This is my only local option to purchase a solenoid ... Any help out there from people who are more familiar with pneumatics than myself?

Thx

·
cheap and easy
2,294 Posts
You will need a 12v dc wallwart/power supply unless your prop controller puts out 12vdc then you connect a wire to each connection on the valve and then to your controller

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try amazon. I bought 5 very similar to the one pictured in your link for $10 each and they were o n my doorstep 2 days later free shipping. Search for 12vdc solenoid valves. The is an assortment from $10-15. You can buy air cylinders there as well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx ZombieTim, the only issue with me and ordering online is the shipping as Im in Canada. Just ordered some pvc corners from USA and the Duty, taxes and shipping added 61% to the cost of the parts. Awful.

Madmax, I will be using a 12vdc5a Picoboo (104). Those round things that look like hoses go into them, they can be converted to wires sticking out instead?

I am just so used to seeing FrightProps solenoids that have wires sticking out already, that I need to make sure I can put wires into those things pointing into the middle. Sorry, not mechanicly knowledgable to know what proper terms are. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
All the solenoid valves I have seen on amazon are metric thread. Are you also using metric cylinders? Metric fittings are also not readily available. I have seen the great prices ion the valves on amazon I just wonder if it is a pain to put everything else together.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Haven't had that problem. Been using the 1/8 PT solenoids and fittings using SMC (american) cylinders. I agree though on the metric as many shown are from Hong Kong so would be an issue.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,460 Posts
Here is a drawing that I did for someone else awhile ago. The same thing as far as the power wiring will apply. Hope this helps. If you need some more assistance PM me.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts