Halloween Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How does one package & ship something like that?
One does not! lol I sold it as Local Pickup Only. The only way I could think of to ship it and have it arrive in one piece would be freight. I'd have to build a crate for it, bolt the base to the bottom so none of the prop touched the sides, then put air bags around it to keep it from getting slung around too much. Would have been expensive as hell to ship that way!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow amazing work. I aim to keep my haunt kid friendly but there are times I wish I didn't and your prop is one of those times!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Great Job..i w have paid 600.00 and not flinch...i hve 9 animated props ...from paying 20.00 - 375.00 ..cheapest was a mad scientist that was a display model @Albertsons..and I bought the 8 foot grim reaper from Spirit store last year...but yours looks much better made!!

·
cheap and easy
2,292 Posts
Lol rich? Probably not.
You will be surprised at the money people will spend. I sold well over $300,000 on my Breathing Grave prop and that's with a detail how to build on this forum. I had no ideal what to sell them for when I started and like you after request after request to build one for people I gave in. I first put one on ebay and the bidding war was outrages...$250 and I stopped the auction and set a price of $145 including shipping. The $250 was was too much (in my mind) for this prop. When I first started making them it took 2.5 hours and I used wood and my cost to build was around $12. The 2nd year I redesigned using PVC and got my build time down to under 1 hour and sold for around $79 to $99 (depending on where I sold it) and was making about $50 an hour after all cost. Still got burnout on it and stopped building them because I was not looking to make it into a business. Plus it was taking up my travel time and love of college football.

Forgot to add...great looking prop and one I will build at some point. Wont look as good as the one you make but I will use darkness/lighting to over come that. I dont have that type of patience for detail

21 - 34 of 34 Posts