Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
spent all day taking down my Halloween decorations after hiting spirts 50% off sale,
still haven't gotten it all put away though and the hearse is still in the front yard mmm how am I going to move that
all the way to the back and up on the trailer. but had a few thought's about getting Christmas done now athough I do not do as much
for it .

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have thought about it. But I need new clips. I can probably get all halloween packed up in an hour or so, without the ladder. Doing Christmas lights would be probably 2 hours plus pulling out the ladder. Do I want to breathe this weekend and save the work for future me or knock it all out at once? I have that hour tomorrow. Do I relax or work? Hmmm

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,572 Posts
Hey, for the Christmas folks this is LATE to start Christmas!!

Every year when I put away Halloween I always think I should just get out the Christmas stuff & put it up since I'm already there & in packing/unpacking mode.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,582 Posts
We still have to get the Halloween down, lol. We spent the day out of town checking out Halloween store clearance stuff, instead. ;)
Once Halloween is down, I decorate for Thanksgiving/Harvest, with just a little bit of decor. I use this as "holiday clutter down time" before all the Christmas insanity goes up, which is usually the day after Thanksgiving. I insanely love holidays and decorating, but I like to wait a bit to decorate for each one or I get bored and irritated with all the stuff everywhere, lol, I'm a bit OCD that way...I think my brain is broken, it's always at war with itself, lol.
Plus, I am a strict one holiday at a time person...and Thanksgiving/Harvest comes first. I try to keep strict traditions on my decorating days for each holiday.
We will, however, watch the weather and get the lights up on the roof before the first snowy/icy days start...easier and safer to do it before the winter mess starts, even if it's before Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If we decorated for Christmas, we'd have it all out now. We banged out everything that needed to get done and winter-fied. We took everything Halloween down, stored it away (aka: shove it into the spare bedroom upstairs and in a corner in the basement) and spent a good 7 hours shopping, then stored our motorcycles for the winter. It was the get-stuff-done-day.

I have to do it all in one bang or else I'll lag and things will stay out there for 5 more months. Plus, once it's all done, I know I can finally relax, which is what I've been doing this evening and look forward to doing for the next 2 weeks. Then I'll get to work on cluttering the house with some more homemade props :p

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well I didn't expect such a response from my post it's great, but with the weather looking the way it is and most every thing done I'm really thinking about putting the lights on the roof tomorrow but the rest would have to wait until after thanksgiving as I too like to give all holiday's there due, not the retailers though
the ads have already hit

·
Registered
680 Posts
spent all day taking down my Halloween decorations after hiting spirts 50% off sale,
still haven't gotten it all put away though and the hearse is still in the front yard mmm how am I going to move that
all the way to the back and up on the trailer. but had a few thought's about getting Christmas done now athough I do not do as much
for it .
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

No Christmas until thanksgiving week at the very earliest! I want to still keep enjoying fall.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,389 Posts
Still have a sliver of Halloween out for my own enjoyment, which I may remove tomorrow, but all things in their due time.
Thanksgiving should be in my books before I set out Christmas, so I still have some time before I'll be putting out those merry Christmas lights.

Reactions: sookie

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got all the Halloween stuff from the yard and the house put back or at least staged in the dining room to move to storage. Have one item to repair before I put it back so I ordered the stuff from Amazon for that fix. I have a Thanksgiving turkey inflatable that I'll put out next weekend but still not going to consider putting anything Christmas related until Thanksgiving weekend.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
OMG.... you guys take a day off....i can barely walk or bend over to put my pants on my backs so tight and you are putting up xmas lights....you make me feel terrible......im posting an older pic of what i do in my front yard, it bigger now with what i do also...and you cant see everything, yards bigger....aggggggggggggggggh, i just cant yet.....now i feel old........i cant run with the puppies...hahaha.............i usually start in two weeks, i got to get off this thread cause now i feel like i need to start the xmas explosion....oh man.............killing me...
Christmas decoration Christmas lights Christmas Light Lighting

·
Registered
546 Posts
I am so tired, It is really windy near me, so I can't go up on the roof to take down a few things. ScreamQueen, Have fun putting up all that christmas stuff;) I won't start Christmas until the week before Thanksgiving.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,101 Posts
Believe in celebrating every Holiday in it's appropriate order, so nope. Got shortchanged on Halloween night, so will still have Halloween out until tomorrow (when it'll be warm lol). Then I get things put away & we do a big clean-up as we have everyone over for Thanksgiving. Once cleaning is done we put out T'giving indoors, & then the week of we put out outside T'givng decorations.

In a couple of weeks it'll look like X-Mas threw up all over our neighborhood, so i'm just as happy to wait until early Dec. to put anything out.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
My Christmas yard décor is pretty minimal, plus I get sick of it really fast, so no way am I ready for it yet. My son, son-in-law, and husband can do it the weekend after thanksgiving. It's the least they can do after all the cooking and cleaning I'll be doing for t-day.
I understand getting lights up now though if you live in a harsh northern climate. Not a real concern around here so it can definitely wait.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.