Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First weekend of October is here! I'll be starting to get things out in the yard this afternoon if things go as planned. But who am I kidding? Things never go as planned, do they? ;)
When my husband gets home in a couple of hours, we're going to try to get my new crypt wall up and the fence along with it but I am really afraid that the wall is not going to work without some extra support added to it and that will end up taking up the afternoon. sigh...
Oh well... Tomorrow? Sunday?
Who's with me?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm with ya!

After spending a few weekends in September building some new props, tomorrow is the day I finally get to put everything out! I thought this day would never come. To get things started I put our 5 foot skeleton in my wife's car this morning before heading to work. A few hours later I got an explicit text from her after she got in the car :mad: It was worth it though....tis the season!

When I first started it would take me just an afternoon to get everything up..now I'm thinking this might be a day-and-a-half affair with all the things I've accumulated over the years.

Can't wait!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm on my days off and wanted so badly to set up some of my outside display, however it has been raining yesterday and today and gives rain for the rest of the weekend! :( Next set off, hopefully it will be nice enough for setup! Working on some of the indoor decor instead!

·
Registered
807 Posts
I haven't even finished inside décor yet!!! EEK!!...

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,043 Posts
I started Tuesday - just because it was the day after my daughter's birthday and therefore fair game.....but all I did was the cemetery fence, stones & blowmolds. And haven't been out there since. I have a couple indoor projects to finish up but I'm hoping to get some lights & skeletons out there this weekend.

·
Registered
600 Posts
This is the weekend I normally set up, but we are getting 'historic rainfalls' here in NC ... Thankfully the hurricane is going to stay out to sea though. So not this weekend.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I assume a thread will be created (if there isn't one already) where people can post pics of their yard? I can't wait to see what everyone's yard looks like. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures this weekend to share.

Have a good weekend

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I assume a thread will be created (if there isn't one already) where people can post pics of their yard? I can't wait to see what everyone's yard looks like. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures this weekend to share.

Have a good weekend
I think there is one already for 2015....there is also a thread that's been around a while called "Your Cemetery" or something like that

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,130 Posts
The first 'layer' went out today while everyone was at work!

Basically, that just consists of uplights to color wash the house, flicker bulbs in the exterior fixtures, and the like.

It just begins to set the tone, and then I'll add another 'layer' each Friday until The Big Day.

The general idea is to minimize the opportunity for folks to see it happening, and to try to make it seem like a kind of organic progression.

I sure am glad it's finally October, though...it was getting hard to wait.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I am hoping to get the yard done in the morning and the inside at least started in the afternoon. Sunday (if not too tired) I am going to do my department at work. Will post pics.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
It's raining here, been raining all day....all day! and supposed to all weekend. I'm going to work on the inside but my timing sucks. I started painting my living room but didn't get to finish because of....laziness. So I have to finish that this weekend so I can get started. The past two years I have been really late. I like to have things done by the first weekend in Oct so I have all month to enjoy it.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,979 Posts
My blow molds are outside but it's rained all the days we could have gotten electricity to them. Hopefully there will be a break in the downpours over the weekend to get them lit. I haven't put out my 3 new inflatables yet either due to the rain. I may save one to just put up on Halloween nite but either way, it's gotta stop raining sometime right?

I'm hoping to do the inside this weekend too.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts