Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Whether you run a haunted walk-through or a yard display to greet the trick or treaters, what sound effects or music will you be playing?
This year, I decided to go with Midnight Syndicate's Carnival Arcane. I don't do a carnival or clown theme but I really liked it's creepy yet quirky sound. I also plan to throw in some Danny Elfman selections that fit well with it.
What about you?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm using an old "white noise" machine on the "rain" setting to mimic fire crackling. I found it a couple weeks ago, and I've had it for years. It really sounds just about right.

Also using a couple of tracks off of Desiderii Marginis's "Hypnosis" after I saw it featured on pumpkinrot's blog. Another rain noises track to mimic fire, and Endless Staircase for some creepy background noise.

I haven't done much in the way of sounds or music before, but there was a lot of noise from animated props that I'm trying to cut back on. (FYI: if you live close enough to the railroad tracks, a train's horn is plenty loud to set off the sound activated ones!)

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I'll be playing Midnight Syndicates Monsters of Legend.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see a definite trend here!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Sound is one thing I am not good at....I have my lightorama running, but still need to figure out the walkthru...might have to move the LOR speakers closer to the road.

I do have the Midnight Syndicate Out of Darkness CD laying next to my keyboard....just to continue the trend

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,674 Posts
I've tried many different sound effects, haunt tracks, and other things over the years, but this year I'm pulling out all the stops. I'm using a collection of tracks so terrifying, so sinister, that anyone visiting my haunt this year this year will be traumatized. Children will scream. Parents will weep. Many of those who hear them will have nightmares for months, or even years, to come. Even the dogs and cats in my neighborhood will cower under couches and beds, trembling in fear.

What kind of sound effects, you may ask, could be so caustic, so vile as to have this effect on any living thing that hears it? No, not sound effects. It's.............................................. . the complete works of Yoko Ono

Seriously, though, I'll be using this track on a loop as my ambient background music

And of course I'll have my mp3 player loaded with sound effects on hand for random scares.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to say, I have no idea how this thread ended up with an angry face icon! It's not an angry topic and I wasn't angry when I started it. I wasn't aware that I clicked on an icon at all. Haunted keyboard, maybe? ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
Just wanted to say, I have no idea how this thread ended up with an angry face icon! It's not an angry topic and I wasn't angry when I started it. I wasn't aware that I clicked on an icon at all. Haunted keyboard, maybe? ;)
I don't know what you're talking about...frowny face?;)

I'm going with my 2010 mix which is mostly Lustmord's Dark Places of the Earth.

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
I use a mix of Midnight Syndicate's 13th Hour and Lustmord's Hersey album.

For the graveyard, I use Manheim Steamroller's efx disc 2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts