Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sad--I'm going to miss everyone! I'm going to miss coming on here at night, and seeing pictures of everyone's decor!
Do you do anything for Halloween? Christmas? I know this is the HalloweenForum, but don't want to leave!
(We do a giant inflatable turkey, and decor inside for Thanksgiving, and blowmolds, and a plaster Santa in a sleigh for Christmas. More tasteful / not as tacky as it sounds--I think / hope!)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hey Hells!

No need to miss us... we come in here all year round... plus, a few of us are active on Larry's XMAS forum (christmasfanclub.com).

As for me, I decorate for Christmas... I don't do as much outside as I do on Halloween, but inside my hous it's pretty "christmasy"! Our Thanksgiving is already over (we celebrate it in October), so I don't do anything for that holiday, as I prepare for Halloween...

Hope to see you later!

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
My Thanksgiving decor consists of a turkey platter I put in my china cabinet. And Christmas is a four foot tree, A music box, and a countdown to Christmas thing with an M&M on it. Sometimes I get into the Christmas spirit and hang garlands and such out of things I find in the woods. Like nuts berries and cones and such. I like Christmas to be kinda like a Williamsburg Christmas if I do anything, but with so many generations of our families still alive and healthy we don't have Christmas at our house but at theirs. We're barely home during the last half of December. Everyone else decorates for Christmas and we enjoy it like they enjoy ours on Halloween.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,862 Posts
There is a good core group of posters that are around all year.

There is still plenty of things to browse, projects that need building, discussions... no need to leave!;)

and typically for me, we don't do much at Christmas. A few lights and candy canes up the drive, but that's about it. There isn't a whole lot of imagination involved with x-mas decor in my opinion, so I don't usually bother too much with it. ;)

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
I pop in and out over the year and then about August, I pack a bag and move in and stay until about the 2nd week in November. lol!

I hate Christmas. Overrated, overpriced, overcommercialized!!!!

I was in Walmart yesterday and they were playing Christmas music. UGH!

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm not much into decorating for Christmas...I'll put up a tree, decorate the mantle, and put a few of my Dept56 "Dickens Village" and that's about it....:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I plan to stay active here and the rest of the year, planning and building for a better Halloween. And yes, I agree with SouthernBelle. I too hate Christmas. I'd rather spend my money on Halloween. Ba-humbug!:mad:

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Do stick around, there's always someone haunting the place! ;)

I just bought some fall/colored-leaf garland today & am taking down all my indoor Halloween decor tomorrow, but lighting it up with fall lights to brighten the mood.

And please count me in for the Bah-Humbug Brigade! They were playing X-Mas music in K-Mart today too (Excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth a little...again!) We do celebrate (and decorate for) X-Mas, but just don't go crazy like for Halloween. Somebody has to stay sane this time of year!!

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
I like Christmas for 2 reasons...

It is the only other holiday where I can go crazy with decorating without the neighbors freaking out..

Great excuse for family and friends to connect.

But Halloween (obviously) is the best!

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
I guess I should be honest and add that another reason I hate Christmas is because my b-day is December 25th. As a little kid I could never understand why everyone got presents on MY birthday but I didn't get squat on their's!

But as an adult, it's all about waking up on Christmas Day, seeing your children's smiling, happy faces, smelling the fresh-baked pies ....... and then realizing "aw crap, I'm another year older!"

Bah humbug? No. More like BAH FRICKIN' HUMBUG!!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
As everyone has already said, there's quite a few of us that stay here year round...

I, in fact, would rather come here throughout the year because during the final week of October, this forum is jammed packed with new threads and I can't sift through them all...
Plus, I usually start my Halloween projects in the summer so that's when I really start focusing on the forum.

I'm actually really surprised how many people post leading up the day of Halloween - shouldn't everyone be working :) I couldn't find two spare minutes to start a new thread!

Anyway... I like how active this forum is the other 11 months of the year! There's also an archive of hundreds of ideas, pictures, tutorials, etc, etc - I'm still working my way through.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll decorate for Christmas ,it make's my halloween look small been doing x-mas for 12yrs. This my 2nd year for halloween. at this rate halloween will be as big in 2years. And I like to scare people.:D

·
Registered
955 Posts
Yupper

Wife does decorate for all holidays. I am talking the entire inside of the house.

I do outdoor for Halloween and Christmas and a little for Thanksgiving.

Wife has special plates for each holiday. Halloween are of course Black and Orange.

Oh and lets not forget the Christmas cookies. Every year we bake 9 different types of cookies. Total number is in the thousands. Don't even get me started.

Spinman

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I pop in and out over the year and then about August, I pack a bag and move in and stay until about the 2nd week in November. lol!

I hate Christmas. Overrated, overpriced, overcommercialized!!!!

I was in Walmart yesterday and they were playing Christmas music. UGH!
I was listening to a new halloween sound effects cd I got clearanced and what do I hear but a slow musical of Silent Night! Granted it WAS creepy slowed down like that but geeze..it's Silent Night for goodness sakes!!!!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts