Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

What does your S.O. do to just get you going during your Halloween exp? I know some help out but, what do they do to you that just makes you want to scream?
Today I went out to change some extension cords around. They are like money, there just is never enough. Well, I was going out back where my really big ones were when I through out my little pumpkins. I was hoping to get at least one and move it out front where most of my items are. I was noticing some were one and some weren't so I figured he unplugged them when he mulched the leaves last weekend. Nope, he ran right over the cord. A 50' no less! Now I'm really short on cords and half my pumpkins are down for the season because, I just can't afford to get another one. :mad: Being the petty person that I am, I left it in the driveway where he parks. Since I buy all the stuff for decorations I know he will not replace it.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
That's rather inconsiderate! If you, like me, handle the laundering duties, I wonder if a little itching powder might find it's way into his undies ;)? J/K, but that is very aggravating.

As we head into Fall, Mr. We'en & I sit down and discuss expenses through the end of the year, and inevitably spending for Halloween comes up. I try to be good (I swear!) but sometimes, when you know that unique piece will not be sold next year, or would be perfect out in the yard, it just has to be added to my collection. For the most part, though, he's very supportive, but he does get veto power on big items. I wish I had a suggestioin for getting your S.O. more into Halloween.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
While I feel for ya, gotta say, Mrs. Auditor is very supportive of my Hallobsession...even comes up with better ideas than I do...I repay by being as supportive as I possibly can of her favorite holiday (4th of July)

·
Registered
252 Posts
A little late now I know, but maybe you can convince him that the leaves are part of your decorations for next year. They are what gives my graveyard that little extra spooky feel, one of my free finishing touches. If you have neighborhood laws or something that sucks, but when you're decorating for Halloween there might be a loophole somewhere. Anyway just a thought.

I pretty much do most of the decorating around here because I'm so picky. It seems I'm never satisfied with where things get placed initially, so I end up rearranging everything 5 times before I'm done. I try to start with a plan, but it gets tossed pretty quick. It's more of a general idea for me than a plan:rolleyes:. I'm sure it gets annoying though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My OH is very good really, he is pretty tolerant of my halloween escapades and does his best to get stuck in without getting in the way! The only thing we ever have a struggle with is getting him to dress up in costume- as I say to him, "it says 'no costume, no entry' on the invite, and that includes you too!" He will relcutantly agree to some very simple, minimalistic costume and of course me with my craziness will try to run away with the idea and make it more OTT and elaborate like my costumes inevitably are, which infuriates him :p

Other than that, he's a great support and he doesn't bug me too much about how much I'm spending on Halloween, as long as I can pay my rent and bills on time! :)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Procrastinate. He's the last minute type, which totally stresses me out. lol

I am very fortunate that he likes the holiday as much as I do so the money spent is never an issue. Plus, he tolerates my obsessing about halloween pretty well. :eek:

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,867 Posts
My hubby is pretty good about helping, but he's the kind that has to be told EXACTLY what he should be doing... not a self-starter if you know what I mean. :eek:
But he does love Halloween, so that helps.

I think the thing that bugs me the most is that he isn't enthusiastic enough about the projects I do finish. I need lots of praise! :rolleyes:

I would be LIVID about the cord being messed up, tho. Those things are EXPENSIVE!:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts