Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a small victory but today for the very first time I used a dremel. Hubby thought it would be a bit intimidating for me but I loved it. I'm using it for the headstones I am making and I'm doing it all by myself....lol (just like a big girl!) Like I said I know to you guys this is a small thing but for me it was huge.

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'd be ashamed to post pics of them. I'm really new to all of this and if they look stupid then I'll feel stupid. You guys are just sooooooo advanced. But you are right about the dremel, I was kinda giving a test run and I didn't want to put it down...lol.

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
See, you have a problem now... a dremel is like a crack pipe.. once you pick it up, putting it down will be hard... ;) make sure you post pics of your creations..
Amen to that. My Dremel is my best friend. Goes everywhere I go. Okay, maybe that's far-fetched, but it's so darn cool. LOL

And don't ever feel weird about posting pictures of things you've made. Everyone is creative, everyone has been a beginner - show off your headstones !!!

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the encouragement, hopefully I will just suck it up and post the pics once they are done...lol

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just out of curiosity what else could I use it for....ya know just for future reference type stuff (insert evil laugh). Seriously, what else can I make with it?

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
First the dremel.....then the electric drill! *grunt* *grunt* more power!

Next thing you know, you'll be burning your bra! Emancipation!

You can also use it on wood to finish off coffins.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just out of curiosity what else could I use it for....ya know just for future reference type stuff (insert evil laugh). Seriously, what else can I make with it?
The Dremel should have different attachments that came with it, and there's more types you can buy at a hardware store.
Sander - sanding and shaping in tight corners on wood.
Grinding Wheel - Cutting or shaping hard materials like stone, porcelain, or metal.
Cutting Wheel - Cutting through hard materials.
Shapers - These are my favorite, various shaped cutting bits to cut into my material. Some have fine points to get detailed cuts.

I took a pointed shaping bit to a 1/2" dowel and carved a climbing vine with leaves. After using a file to shape it and some paint, I gave the wand to my daughter for her Harry Potter party. She loved it!

Also used a similar bit to shape a eagle claw holding a piece of campfire coal into the end of my walking staff.

I have the Flex Shaft for my Dremel, and it sounds and acts just like a dentist drill. Crazed Dentist Room anyone? :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Your husband better start writing his name on all his power tools, he, he.

Actually.. .we have almost two sets of everything. I keep my own dremel and cordless drill, and cordless jig saw. Also, the stupid Pedi Paws I bought back when they were way overpriced makes a pretty good cordless craft sander when you take off the guard. I use it more for that than what it was intended for....sigh.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Every guy I've dated has been shocked at the tools I have AND the capacity to use them (most cases better than they do :D ). I cannot wait to start getting some bigger things like the table saw. One piece at a time though. Only downfall is that some trial and error will be costly so be prepared for that whenever you can.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
I got my first Dremel a few weeks ago too!!! Congrats hannibal, it feels great doesn't it?!?!

I have only sanded a few things with mine so far. I wish I had all the cool bits - but man, some of them are expensive!!

On that note - anyone know any good online places to find bits a little cheaper??

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
Wait til you discover pumpkin carving with a dremel! And this year we found the battery operated dremel so I don't get bits of pumpkin inside the works of my hardw working tool! BevAnn, I found that our local Ace Hardware beats everyone's prices around here by 2-5 dollars per bit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts