Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's a question:

I recently received as a gift one of these hot glue gun/air compressor "web casters" which I am very excited about. But I still have an affinity for the stretchable bags of synthetic material. I feel like they do a better job out of doors and are more visible from a distance.

That being said, what is your favorite spider web product? In this, like all else, nothing is equal and I am curious as to which product you prefer!

Take care and Happy Haunting!

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Can't beat the web shooters for realistic webs. This year I using bagged webbing to make egg cases and partially cocoon victims, but will be going over them with the web shooter as well. You just gotta take your time and go back and forth long enough to get the webs thick enough to be visible at a distance.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,774 Posts
I think they all have a purpose and spot which worls best. My daughter is in charge of spider webs on our garage wall. For this we use the stretchable webs from the dollar store. I cannot imagine doing the whole thing with a webcaster. I bought a second hand webcaster recently and it will be used for our aging our witches cabinet and chandelier. We do a pose and stay skeleton as a hanging spider victim. We will see which one works best for this application when time comes to hang him.

DMinor had some amazing photos a couple years ago of his tombstones with the webcaster style webs.

·
Registered
629 Posts
You can't beat the webcaster webs for authenticity. I made my own from a spare hot glue gun and during testing I had a hard time telling the fake webs from the real ones. The garage/shop seems to accumulate cobwebs at an amazing rate. Hmmm...Now if I could just train the spiders to put them where I want I'd be set.

I do tend to use the bagged webs on or around stuff that might be damaged by an errant glob of hot glue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts