Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to ask the Halloween posse what new Horror movies are out there that are at least decent. I find so many horror movies in the new realease section at any local video rental, problem is so many are so lame. So if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

·
Registered
432 Posts
  • Cloverfield
  • Jeepers Creepers
  • Pan's Labyrinth
  • Shutter
  • King Kong
  • The Mist
  • The Ring
  • The Others
  • Shadow of the Vampire
  • War of the Worlds
  • Signs
  • The Strangers
  • Session 9
  • Zodiac
  • The Abandoned
  • The Skeleton Key
  • Dead Silence
  • Coraline
  • Willard
  • The Mothman Prophecies
  • Spirited Away
  • The Hulk
  • Dark Water
  • The Exorcism of Emily Rose
  • The X-Files: I Want to Believe
  • Funny Games
  • The Ninth Gate
  • Sweeney Todd
  • Pitch Black
  • Frailty

·
Factorial!
949 Posts
The Exorcism of Emily Rose freaked me out. i couldn't sleep with my light off for weeks and i even left the movie for most of it. the hulk is a horror movie?

·
Registered
725 Posts
If you are looking for something completely different, watch Funny Games. That movie was great.

Sunshine is another. That one is a bit of a sci fi horror. I really love Danny Boyle movies, and I ended up watching that one 4 or 5 times the first month I had it.

Jack Brookes Monster Slayer was a pretty cool creature flick.

Dance of the Dead is the best Zombie flick to come out in the last year, imo.

And if you are a Bruce Campbell fan, My Name is Bruce is a good one.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I've just watch about 30 from my public libary. And finally after waiting months because of high demand I saw "The Decent"....very,very good movie and worth the wait......super creepy,bloody and well done. Best of my recent viewings are....1408,Missed call, Mirrors,Quarantine,Vacancy,The messengers,Silent hill (very cool sci-fic,one of the best),The ruins (quite gory but really good and different),Clive Bakers....Midnight Meat train (extremely gorey but very creepy and well done) I'm still waiting on "the Uninvited" and heard it was good.I prefer more of a thriller than a slasher movie so I stay clear of the chop them and drop them flicks.......same old same old there.Dang I've seen so many I can't remember them all now....ha !There were a few a few I did not like....too weird and bad endings and they were...."The bug" and "The Strangers"....both were kinda freaky strange and very disturbing visuals.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did see both vacancy liked both of them. Uninvited very good. Quarantine good. Ironicaly 1408 is the address to my house. I do like a good zombie movie, and I will always watch a slasher movie I do stay away from the sci-fi movies. I did like prom night too.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I did see both vacancy liked both of them. Uninvited very good. Quarantine good. Ironicaly 1408 is the address to my house. I do like a good zombie movie, and I will always watch a slasher movie I do stay away from the sci-fi movies. I did like prom night too.
We may need to define the term Sci-Fic because you listed Quarantine and 1408 both of which are sci-fic movies of which I really liked.Yeah I like zombie movies too. When I say slasher movies I mean all the silly teen movies with some guy chasing girls around with a axe or knife.....boring and overplayed for me.Again Supernatural=sci-fic=zombies and etc.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Ginger Snaps, how 'bout that? We purchased that from amazon.com a couple weeks ago. I haven't yet seen it, but the family said it was really good. 'Course, we ARE partial to Werewolf movies...

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i liked hide and seek. most of the movies listed i have seen, but not the real recent ones. waiting for dvd. i didn't care for signs. and i don't like slasher ones although there was one and it was where people would rent a room for the night, and the staff would kill them, video tape, and sell the videos. i don't remember the name but it was pretty intense and good.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I LOVE the Frailty. That's one I highley recomend. It's not really horror but there is terror. Others I recomend are:

The Exorcisem of Emily Rose
Let The Right One In
Borat-he scares me

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
thanks scorpio, that makes sense for the movies title. i sat transfixed and on edge when they were trying to escape. very good movie.
the exorcism of emily rose didn't scare me as much as the exorcist. i was so scared at the exorcist, i mean literally terrified. it haunted me for a long time

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Cloverfield was terrible! Sorry to those who liked it I could not stand to sit through it.
coraline was great! as was sweeny todd. There's been some advertized for theatres lately like... last house on the left. and im sure a new saw will be coming out closer to the time.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Cloverfield was terrible! Sorry to those who liked it I could not stand to sit through it.
coraline was great! as was sweeny todd. There's been some advertized for theatres lately like... last house on the left. and im sure a new saw will be coming out closer to the time.
The late night Showtime version: "Cleavagefield" was way better. :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts