Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to purchase quite a few peices from Spirit Halloween this year, and of course they don't ship to Canada. Then I had a glimmer of hope with QVC having an hour of stuff. But alas they also won't ship to Canada either. :mad:

I'm so upset that I can't get any items I want for halloween.... why does Canada get barely anything :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,303 Posts
Someone on another thread said that they WILL be shipping to Canada starting in a few weeks... maybe contact Spirit customer service and see if they can give more details?

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Was that because the merchandise is shipped directly from Spirit and not QVC? It's not QVC's fault then if Spirit won't ship internationally. I know not all companies want to deal with all of the paperwork.

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
During this economy you would think they would ship everywhere. I guess they arent that bad off.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,303 Posts
But I thought I read that there are Spirit Stores IN CANADA... and that they were going to start shipping to Canada from their website? :( Sorry if that's not true...

·
Registered
293 Posts
If it plays on your TV (QVC) I would expect that you would be able to purchase it (via the 800 number) and have it shipped. I would contact QVC and ask why! (Several times if you need to) and then maybe ask your cable provider WHY.?

Unless you use satellite, then I don't know how that works....

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
That's one thing I could never unstand. What's the big, dang deal shipping something to Canada. It's not like it's some faraway country. I can only think its because customs complains.

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh I really wanted to go to Fargo, I wish they had one in Grand Forks. It is actually 4 hours, but it's more of the fact going to the states. I have to get a passport (new rules) which wouldn't get to me until right at Halloween, plus you have to stay the 48 hours so you don't have pay huge amounts of duty. Unfortunity I don't have a lot of extra cash at the moment to pay for a hotel and food etc.. for the weekend. I'm on maternity leave and my husband was laid off reciently. So it's not in the cards for me this year. I do usually make a trip to Minneapolis every October and make the rounds there.

It does seem weird that they have Canadian stores but yet won't ship here. The closest Canadian store is 14 hours away.

I did call the 1-800 number and they did try for me, even a supervisor helped. They said it was the manufacturer that wouldn't let them.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
What were you wanting from the $PIRIT store, Mummy? I'd be glad to try to get it and ship it to you.

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
I also ran into the same problem last year. There was a prop at Spirit that I wanted so badly that I was trying to find someone who lived in the US to ship it for me. I did find someone but it had all become such a hassle that I let go of the idea. I was pretty disappointed.

I did find a Spirit Halloween store about 2 hours away in Toronto but by the time I got to go there they were all sold out of everything cool (mind you the prop I wanted was a Spirit online item only-AAACK!!).

I so sympathize with your situation.
:(

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Daveinthegrave - Big hugs to you, I just PM'd you.

Boo Baby - Is there one near you this year? I hope so.

I just hope Spirit will know how much us Canadians want to do business with them, so in the near future they can ship to us, or at least have a store in each province.

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
Daveinthegrave - Big hugs to you, I just PM'd you.

Boo Baby - Is there one near you this year? I hope so.

I just hope Spirit will know how much us Canadians want to do business with them, so in the near future they can ship to us, or at least have a store in each province.
I was informed through here that there is a Spirit store opening for the season in Kingston which is only a half hour away. I'm so excited. I did check the store locator for you mummy, it appears the closest location to you is in Edmonton. :(

Its quite the drive for you unfortunately, you could make a roadtrip of it? Make it fun?? :eek: Just think of all the cool stuff you'd bring back. ;)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Well I was going to suggest that you find someone in the US to ship it to you but Dave already offered! What a nice guy! I have a couple of people in the US who ship to me. So I order and pay for it from here and have it shipped to their address. Then they ship it over here.

MsM

·
Registered
33 Posts
Someone on another thread said that they WILL be shipping to Canada starting in a few weeks... maybe contact Spirit customer service and see if they can give more details?
Yes there are some Spirit stores in Canada. But the stores don't carry all the Spirit products, only a limited range. There are a lot of things on the Spirit website I'd love to buy, but our local spirit store opening this weekend won't carry.

The spirit stores don't (at least in Canada) get to select their inventory. They get whatever Spirit sends them, and you can't do any custom orders from the stores here.

It's still great that there are Spirit stores here though! About 3 or 4 opening in the Toronto area (where I live).

If Spirit ever does start shipping to Canada, I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who'd like to start ordering from them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts