Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I sustained some pretty horrific damage to my cemetery. My grim reaper is gone as are several lights and small props. The worst however is that the headless horseman monument I made this summer had been pushed over and the horse atop it is scattered in hundreds if pieces on my porch. I would like to pretend that it was nature related but the missing items indicate that vandals may have been the culprit. I see this as a risk we all take when we set up however I just really wish that it wouldn't have happened to that monument. I loved that thing and it was my first diy stone. Then to add insult TOT got cancelled. Blah!!!! Here is a pic of it before.

Attachments

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,102 Posts
Aw Spooky McWho I'm sorry that had to happen to such a great prop. Guh, disgusting - vile is right. Two of our favorite outside decorations were taken, family's pretty bummed, but we're still having fun playing H'ween music & enjoying the other decor that's out there. I know it puts a dent in your spirit, but I hope you can find some way to have a little happiness & enjoyment in your H'ween.

·
Registered
441 Posts
People can be such jerks! I hope that this doesn't deter you from working hard on your haunt against next year. If you do everything up big next Halloween (and I hope you do), I hope you put up cameras and motion-activated lights late at night to catch these SOBs in case they try to come back! Cannot imagine how upset and violated you must feel right now. Your horse was beautiful.

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
That does suck.
I encourage every home haunter to invest in a surveillance system with night vision cameras and DVR and/or post signs, prominently, that there are cameras.
We helped the sheriff identify and arrest a burglar that hit our house this summer because of our cameras.
Even if it doesn't completely stop the theft and vandalism, at least there's a chance to identify, apprehend, and punish the little thugs.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Sorry to hear. Not that it is much consolation, but your photo is a lasting testament that will continue to show how amazing of a job you did on it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thank you all for the support. I almost let this get me down however that's not my style. I sent out a mass text to my party guests from Saturday that had kids ran to the store and hosted a consolation trick or treat/ party and had a great night. We even opened the basement haunt and let the kids go wild. Saturdays party was amazing, and tonight with the smaller group was just as nice maybe more do because I had more time to visit with my closest friends. It was a perfect end to the season!! Thanks again everyone and here's to a bigger and better Halloween 2014!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts