Halloween Forum banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
6 to 12 inches of Snow?
OMG!!!!
It sounds as if, you might want to change your Theme to an Abominable Snowman Haunt or a Scary Christmas Krampus theme?
Dealing with our RAIN in the Pacific Northwest is bad enough for the little Trick or Treaters, but having them and their parents slushing through SNOW, is just not right.
Hope the weatherman is wrong about your SNOW.
BUT.....when is the weatherman ever Wrong?
Always! LOL
Well when it comes to forecasting weather here in WY the weatherman is more often wrong than right. Often times the most accurate forecast is, "we have weather, whether you like it or not." LOL So far though the weatherman seems to be right in that we are going to get snow as it is lightly snowing now. I just hope they are wrong about how much snow we are supposed to get. We have been lucky the past few years to not have snow on Halloween and our luck may be running out. We usually have to buy or make costumes that can fit over snowsuits and or winter jackets. One year when my kiddos were younger we not only had over a foot of snow on the ground, the temps were hovering just above zero degree with the wind chill factor. It was too cold to take the kids out to go door to door so the nursing homes and senior apts. got hit hard that year with TOTs.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
How is this for what can go awry. San Francisco Bay area (9 counties) are in a high wind advisory starting tonight through I think they said Thursday. High fire danger. So our power company, PG&E who already had 2 horrible wildfire events and had to file for bankruptcy over one of them so far, has said they are going to be preemptively shutting down power to the area. Really! Just heard on the news that they've made that determination to shut down (not sure where yet). I suspect we have a number of members living in this area so it if suddenly gets really quiet on here that maybe part of the explanation.

OK so now I'm feeling a bit more stress...

I can see where that would be stressful. Between the high temps, the high winds and the blackouts it would be difficult to get any work done on your Halloween decor. I would gladly send you some of my cool temps and moisture if I could.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am so stressing out.. I have had a 2 1/2 month chronic sinus infection that has turned into much nastier things. My BFF is flying out to see me for Halloween and I have nothing done. I know that it will get done but I am WAY behind...I was so excited the day after Halloween and started shopping for this years theme all this year.. I will get it done, but i am STRESSED.. UGH

·
Registered
13,622 Posts
Still have power since I’m in south bay area but those north of us have had it shut off. Honestly right now hard to focus on anything but what supposedly will be when ours gets shut off either around noon today or possibly deferred to later in day as expecting strong winds tonight into tomorrow. Worse than shut off is what they say will likely be days of inspections before power can be restored. I’ll miss connection to “outside world” probably as much as warm showers/hair dryer/warm food. Definitely scarier than anything halloween.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I suffer from anxiety and depression, so I force myself to not get too worked up over Halloween. I go way out and beyond what my neighbors do for blocks, so I know what I do is impressive even if I'm missing stone a or didn't finish project Y.. I start getting it on the lawn in late September and put things up and out as I find the energy and time. If I don't get to it, oh well. I want to be excited and motivated by what I put out, not freaked out and paralyzed. Whatever I do will be enough.

·
Registered
13,622 Posts
Power just went out here about 10:45p. Not sure when it will be back. High winds expected tonight but that’s it but they won’t restore power possibly for days. This sucks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is pretty minor, but now that it's down to crunch time, I'm only slightly concerned about shipping times, should I discover I still need to get something online. But, I did a decent job of pre-planning the yard haunt this year, and will be happy enough with whatever comes of things. 🦇

·
Registered
70 Posts
Where the heck did our Summer go?
It's almost the end of Summer ( Or that is what we think, once Labour Day rolls around, and the Kids go back to school ) and have not really done very much at all, besides "JUST" thinking about what I am wanting to do, this year.
Yup.....I feel the anxiety starting up, already! lol
Seriously, I do.
So many Good Ideas.....so many good intentions, and absolutely "No Follow" through, on any of it!
Yes.......we have Tons of stuff already made and ready to go, but....it is the adding of New Things, that always makes it soooo much more FUN for everyone.
I mentioned Months and Months back, that we bought an Old Hearse way back on December the 10th of 2018, and when we bought it, I had all kinds of ideas that I was going to do to her, in order to make her that much better and Spookier for this years Halloween.
Well.......I bought her on December the 10th.....Moved her to her new resting spot at the end of January.....Parked her there, and haven't seen her since.
I have no idea, if she is still there, or if she has been stripped or ????.......Yup......I was wanting to get at her, as of April....when our good weather was here......and was wanting to do her Brakes and put LED Glowing Light underneath her....and all kind of stuff.
Our Summer Fun just got in the way......what with Boating and Skiing and Stand Up Paddle Boarding and the BEACH, and then of course there is always WORK that gets in the way.....sooooo I have TONS of excuses, but am quickly running out of Time.
TIME is something that just seems to FLY by now, as we are all getting Older.
Remember when we were Kids....and TIME, just stood absolutely still?
Summer Holidays seemed to go on forever.....Where as now, Time just Flashes by.
Yes......I can not believe that another Summer has come and is almost gone, which is Sad.....as "Summer" is what we all live for.
Halloween just helps us get through the Darker and Damp and Mildew laden Fall Months.
The start of the World Series, the start of NFL Football and the NHL, just reassures us, that we are not Dreaming......That YES......Our Summer is GONE!
My point is, that I had visions of starting on everything way back in April LOL.......and just taking my time.....puttering around, with absolutely No Time frame and No Schedule to keep or to shoot for.
But NOW?
LOL.......it is a Full Blown "Panic Attack" and for soooo many reasons.
For some stupid reason, each and every year, we pick NOW......to head down South for some Tropical R and R.....which means another 2 weeks LOST on my Halloween projects.
I guess, I really do not have that much to do....aside from checking in on the Hearse......and working on that.
I was wanting to do the Brakes for sure, as when I drove it......the pedal was all the way to the Floor.....and she barely Stopped?
Not good, since I have to drive her down the Freeway for about 5 miles to our place.
Being able to come to a Quick Stop, might be something that I would like to be doing....when traveling at Freeway Speeds or any Speed for that matter.
I guess the best case scenario is, that when I kill myself, at least....I will already be in a Hearse! lol
The Hearse itself, looks like Crap.....soooooo there is nothing to do to make her look worse!
She is covered in a Green Slime.....her Curtains are Filthy and Tattered .....and her head liner is hanging down on the inside!
Yup......she is Perfect for Halloween!
I am wanting to put LED Rope Lights underneath her entire carriage .......all the way around......so that while she is Parked on the Road.....in Front of our House.....she is giving off a Green GLOW at night time.......for the entire Month of October, as she just sits there......while Pissing Off and Grossing out my Neighbours with her presence! LOL
That is about it for the Hearse, besides adding some Skulls as a Hood Ornament and may be......a Skull on each one of her Cadillac Wire Wheels.
Then.....I am needing go build Two more FULL SIZE Coffins as more Photo Opp displays....and may be....a few more...just depending on my Mood and my energy level.
Of course I will have a Coffin in the Back of the Hearse.....but....what do you think....about a Coffin Up on her Roof?
Will that look good or not?
Or....will the Coffin on the Roof....take away from her Look?
What do you think?
So......Yes......I am starting to FEEL the STRESS!
That same STRESS that I FEEL....each and every year....On Christmas Eve, as I am wrapping all the Presents, that I SWORE that I would have wrapped by November!
I think.......that I actually Love the STRESS?
Or......may be....I am just simply Stupid?
My guess would be, that it is a combination of the Two! LOL
Who else, is starting to FEEL the STRESS?
I can't be the Only One?
Come on......Join the Club!
Let's hear all about it? LOL
Would love to see pics when your set up, especially the hearse!🎃🧛🏾‍♂️

·
Registered
518 Posts
This is pretty minor, but now that it's down to crunch time, I'm only slightly concerned about shipping times, should I discover I still need to get something online. But, I did a decent job of pre-planning the yard haunt this year, and will be happy enough with whatever comes of things. 🦇
If it isn't here by the middle of September, I don't need it. I work ahead so I never have to stress in the end.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Would love to see pics when your set up, especially the hearse!🎃🧛🏾‍♂️
You bet.....I have been slowly picking away at stuff....and it is slowly starting to come together.
I was not intending to do anything to the Hearse as far as washing it or making it look better.
But this morning, I decided to redo the Roof on her.
She has been Leaking through her Roof for the past while, and what with our Fall Rains here and Winter just around the corner, I decided to Redo her Roof today....by Rubberizing her Roof.
I used that Tough Stuff "Box Liner" that they use in the Boxes of Pick Up Trucks, as it is "Tough" and it is Waterproof.
I am sooooo glad that I got off my ass and forced myself to do it.
Now....I can rest easy, when ever it pours outside.
Next.....I wired up her Strobe Lights this afternoon and finally put her Coffin in the back.
I am going to hide my Large Deep Cycle 12 Volt Battery ( That was used in one of the Big Kenworths at work ) in the Coffin, and just use 12 Volts for all of her lighting.
I was wanting to run an extension cord out to her, so that I could run all kinds of props in her, such as a Fog machine and things like that....but...decided against it, as Cords are always a Trip Hazard for the little kids and the big kids alike.
I also bought 22 Pumpkins this morning, to use through out our Haunt, plus I will donate a few to some of our Neighbours.
I bought two more Skeletons yesterday from Home Depot, that will be used in the Hearse.
Right now, I have a Scary looking Dummy sitting behind the Drivers seat ( NO.....Not ME...another Dummy!).
I just came in from turning on the Strobe Lights inside the back of the Hearse....it looks OK.....for a quick set up, but once my Green LED Strobes come from Ebay, the inside of the hearse will really POP!
I was in the back of the hearse just now.....hooking it up, and some neighbours kids were checking out the Hearse, without having any idea that I was inside the back of it.
When they started to peer through the Back Window......trying to see what was inside......I just suddenly Banged on the Glass.......and they all took off SCREAMING!!!!!! LOL
I have to be honest with you, and say......that the Hearse, still Freaks me OUT, when ever I get into the back of it!
Its just Plain CREEPY, no matter which way you look at it.
She CREEPS ME OUT......BIG TIME!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
The Hearse Song?
Can't say as I have ever heard about it or heard it?
Im not really a Song person, when it comes to Halloween.......for me "SOUND" is where it is at.
Initially if I was going to play any song at all.....it would be the Theme song from the Munsters.
But.....that would be really CORNY ...and ......the sad part is, how many are ever going to know that it is from the Munsters except for those of us, who grew up back then.
I was thinking of having some SOUNDS of Whispers coming out of the Hearse?
Come to think of it......it just struck me now......is it possible to make our own Ghostly recordings or Sound Tracks?
That would sure work!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
This is one variation of The Hearse Song.

First time I really remember hearing this song I was in 3rd or 4th grade. Now every time I see a hearse go by this song pops into my head.

I'm sure you could make your own Ghostly sound track. If not there is someone on the Halloween Music page that is offering to make some sound effects for others. I tagged you in the post.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Beyond stressed. Tried to get my yard in order last week & fell. Don't think I broke anything in my foot but still hurts but I'm attempting outdoor decorating some tomorrow. Work inside Tues. since it is supposed to shower & then back out Wed. through Fri. My inside is pretty disorganized at this time of year since I work outside during the summer & trying to get both in order is a chore. I will have stuff up but wanted to make a few things that aren't probably going to make it this year. Still should have enough new to freshen it up though (as long as I don't fall again). :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thank you for the suggestions to get into the spirit. It helped! I refurbished my coffin the other weekend. It was still warm outside so I propped it up and played my spooky tunes playlist.

No job offers yet. :( The one I really wanted I found out I lost to an internal candidate (and those are hard to beat). But at least now I'm not stressing about giving notice/taking time off for Halloween. I'll be here over my favorite holiday and that is ok because I get a nice 2 week break.

So I keep plugging away at both! The search and decorating. Pretty much wrapped up the decorating this past weekend. It is still very warm in PA for fall. The leaves aren't really changing much yet.

Hang in there, fellow haunters!

161 - 176 of 176 Posts