Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel so MEH. I want to go out and finish at night but I start sweating and feel gross and it's no longer fun within like 10 minutes.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I feel you. I don't do haunts or anything (I live in an apartment), but it's so hard to get into the spirit when it's 85 out! A few days ago it was a beautiful 64 here in Virginia, but this weekend I'm going to a pumpkin patch and it'll be back in the 80s. I don't know how California/Florida people do it!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Same here. All I did was run some extension cords and was drenched in sweat!!! Its just so humid. I'm really hoping it cools down soon. Doesn't feel like Halloween.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh how I wish it was warm here. I was out last night in some hallowing wind and it was below 32 fahrenheit, it also gets dark at about 6pm now. I am sure the heat must be draining but with the cold and rain here it can be just as tough. It for sure adds to the creepy, dark, atmosphere though.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,006 Posts
We had an absolutely perfect day here yesterday - 60 & sunny. And do you think I could be out in it, doing display stuff??? Heck no. I went straight from work to a meeting / training, neither place has windows so I couldn't even SEE the sun except for a few minutes while driving.
Then it was 38* at my house when I took the dog out at 0600 this morning.

This weekend is supposed to be rainy & humid & mosquito-y. Of course. I am determined to dig out my lights & skeletons - so I'll bust out the bug spray and hopefully make some progress! I'll probably get electrocuted while putting them out......

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh how I wish it was warm here. I was out last night in some hallowing wind and it was below 32 fahrenheit, it also gets dark at about 6pm now. I am sure the heat must be draining but with the cold and rain here it can be just as tough. It for sure adds to the creepy, dark, atmosphere though.
I would be over the moon if it was in the 30'sw. I thrive in cold.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am trying to get inside up as much as I can this weekend. We have a guest coming late next week and I NEED at least one good night to finish up outside but I just don't see that happening. The weather is absolutely ruining my Halloween this year.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I feel your pain. Although it was supposed to 78 yesterday it felt hotter the sun was radiating so much heat the car was 101 at lunch Yuck!

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
I hear ya. We were supposed to have rain and temps in the 70s today but now it looks like another day near 90. I've been working in the yard in the mornings but my house is west facing with no shade so it's a killer by noon. I'm really trying to make the best of it because, well, what can you do about it? Complaining won't change things and not doing my yard would definitely not make me happier so I'll just keep sweating and swatting mosquitoes and look forward to a cold beverage when I call it a day! Cheers! ;)

·
The Haunting Girl
880 Posts
I'm still waiting for Fall to actually show up. The haunt I work for finally had its opening night last night and it was warm. Like not super gross, but the bugs were out of control and all the fog floated away (or was blown away by wind). Most of our costumes have layers and instead of crabbing how it's not enough due to amount of holes, we were all either fine or too warm.
The bugs... I can't wait until it's too cold for them. I hate being eaten alive or just annoyed to death. I'd rather listen to the unprepared kids I work with cry about wanting gloves and regretting not wearing long sleeve shirts than spend the night clawing at my own skin due to the amount of bugs biting or crawling on me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Agreed! Oh the joys of the Mid Atlantic. Yesterday was ok as in not humid and 65-70, but this weekend we return to swamp weather. And then I was watching my Red Sox last night and saw it was 54 at the start of the game and immediately missed living in New England.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm in Texas and it's been brutal. Hot, humid and mosquitos. I was waiting to put up my outdoor decorations until after our community rummage sale this weekend and the neighbors who stopped over asked when I was going to start. I said today but with humidity hovering near 100% and rain in the forecast I might wait till Wednesday when we are supposed to be in the 70's.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I’m so glad I’m not the only one who feels this way! I mean it sucks we all have to endure this hot, sweaty weather, but I thought it was just me that would let it damper my mood and plans, I started putting stuff out and am not even halfway thru and I don’t think I am going to finish it this year. Normally I have everything out by Oct. 1st. I just don’t have the desire now to go thru all that to just have to bring it all back down 2 weeks later. I feel like a Halloween Scrooge :confused:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I did my yard today and it was hot as usual but our humidity has gone down some. I can get everything up in about two hours so its not too bad. Of course I was still sweaty and red faced when I was done! My party is in 3 weeks, I am praying for no head outside after dark. Even 80 would be an improvement.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,840 Posts
80°+ here today & it will stay that way until Thursday or so. I'm soooo over the humdity & everything being wet. We've had way too much rain this summer, it ruined my pumpkins, & it's trying to ruin my cacti & succulents too.

It feels nothing like fall & it's hard to want to do Halloween stuff at all.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
83 here today and humid. Ugh. I put my cornstalks and scarecrows out and couldn't wait to get back into the house. Ugh!

Coming up on the second week of October and the leaves aren't turning yet. Some trees are getting a brackish brown/green color- but no spectacular fall foliage here in SW PA.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Temps are ok here but the rain has started....and won't end until May! I can't put much outside until right before Halloween because most of my stuff can't survive being waterlogged ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts