Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my happiness with you all!

After discovering candy corn 2 years ago when a very kind American cousin of a work colleague sent me some to try...and then being over there this time last year and buying some for myself...I had realised that Halloween just would not be Halloween again if I didn't have Candy Corn....but this year I didn't think I would be able to get hold of any. I had looked on load of UK websites but they all said "Out of Stock":(

Well I have just found some "YIPEE"!!!!!!:D:D:D:D and it should be with me in 3 days!

I am soooooo Happy.

Just wanted to share my joy!

Thank you!

BW
:)

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Even though it's not my top favorite candy, I have to buy some every year... it is the candy that most says "Halloween" to me. :)

SO glad you've found a connection in your area to get some! :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
It has now become a tradition that I always do a "Guess how many in the Jar" and I was getting desperate. My big Brother has been a very close second in this little quiz two years running and he is determined to be the winner this year. So if I hadn't managed to find any he would have been gutted!

Your so right...it is the little things that become the traditions over the years. Now I have found a supplier in the UK I am a happy bunny! :D

BW
:)

The Hobo Spider Assassin
CAndy corn and then harvest mix, my two favorites! I know it's close when they hit the shelves!

Registered
I've never tried Candy Corn before, but I'd like to. I hear it's great for Halloween parties. I'm making paper mache bowls this year in the shapes of monsters; candy corn would've looked awesome in them.

Registered
Ah yes, one of the reasons Halloween rocks, candy corn. Either that or those pumpkins that taste like candy corn, but it doesn't matter. Congrats that you'll be able to enjoy this treat from across the pond, so to speak.

Hauntingly Addicting
Even though it's not my top favorite candy, I have to buy some every year... it is the candy that most says "Halloween" to me. :)

SO glad you've found a connection in your area to get some! :D
I agree with Frankiesgirl. Not my first choice but Halloween would not be the same without it:) Good for you. :)

Registered
Awwww.....It really is the little things that make Halloween so special isnt it!?! I just picked up some "candy apple" flavored candy corn *DELISH*! Glad you were able to get you some!
Wow where did you find "candy apple" flavor candy corn.

I'll be honest I don't like the regular candy corn. So while in Walmart I saw that they had some "gourmet" candy corn in the flavors of : Black berry cobbler, Creme Brulee', Pumpkin Spice, and Apple Cider.

I like the Pumpkin Spice in small doses. The other flavor I bought Creme' Brulee" is SUPER SWEET! lol The sweetest tasting candy that I have ever had I believe lol

"They won't stay dead."
... it is the candy that most says "Halloween" to me. :)

I think my strongest Halloween-candy association has to be those molasses flavoured kisses. Remember those?? :)

Registered
So glad you were able to find a candy corn "connection!" Someone posted above about taking things for granted. That is exactly what I was thinking. Candy corn is everywhere here and in all different colors and flavors now. Though its not my favorite candy (because its not chocolate) I still like to get some of the original flavor candy corn. Its also great with popcorn. Now I think there is a recipe where you mix the candy corn and popcorn and maybe something else, but here's how I do it: Take a handful of candycorn and put it in your mouth with a handful of popcorn (I have a big mouth!). Yummy!

Registered
Ah, yes the good ole candy corn. I've paid the price many times over in fillings for those sweet kernels.

I'm curious is there a particular candy item that is big in the UK for halloween that isn't readily available here in the States?

The Horror of The South
I'm curious is there a particular candy item that is big in the UK for halloween that isn't readily available here in the States?
Sadly not, its more the "party size chocolate" just smaller versions of bigger chocolate bars....
Or its the jelly/gummysweets from the pound store...

Britishwitch> where did you get it from? i am trying to get some....!:D

Ruggerz

Registered
Ahhh man... although it's not my favorite candy, candy corn is sooo amazing... but, what really gets me is the candied/caramel apples and I know it's not halloween specific, but getting some cotton candy this time of year... ohh just thinking about that makes me feel like I need to hit the gym every day this week. haha

Registered
...Candy corn is everywhere here and in all different colors and flavors now. Though its not my favorite candy (because its not chocolate) I still like to get some of the original flavor candy corn...
You may want to check out Target then, if you can. They have chocolate-covered candy corn in various flavors, and they are darn good. There may even be some chocolate-flavor variant in there somewhere (though I realize imitation chocolate is sort of an insult to the proper stuff;)).

Britishwitch and Ruggerz: I wonder if there is any sort of customs rigmarole that one would have to go through in order to send something like candy corn to you from the states:confused:. If not, maybe someone can hook you up with a supply if you need such?

Seer of All
Try mixing your candy corn with salted peanuts - OMG!
I agree, it wouldn't be Halloween without candy corn...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts