Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this is really pissin me off :mad:
I ordered a eliminator 700 watt fogger off amazon, and it has been here for about 3+ days. I resisted buying cheap fog juice at the local fred myers and decided to wait on either my sample of la fog or my order of code 6.

My LA fog came in today, poured it into the fogger, plugged it up waited till the remote light went out, and (you guessed it) NOTHING happened!!! Fogger gets warm/hot but no pump sounds or anything. On the initial start up, there was a smell of burning, but I just assumed it was the heater
warming up. I plugged it into different outlets but nothing happens. The wired remote lights up, power light lights up. Remote light goes off when it's "ready" but nothing. Fuse is not blown. It makes ZERO sounds.

I set up a return ticket for amazon and the "replacement" will be here by the 25th, which is fine, but what if I get another dud? Ive read plenty of ppl sending in a fogger, and getting another dud as a replacement. If that happens then I could be outta luck for halloween. I ordered a different fogger off ebay, and it should be here friday. Ugggggh... IM SOOO IRRITATED

sorry for the rant, just had to get it off my chest, as my wife isn't terribly sympathetic. (she even said we don't really need fog!, whaaaat NO fog for halloween?!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That happened to me one year. Took 5 attempts before I finally got one that worked. Hope you have better luck.
what the..... are you serious! I called myself TRYING to be proactive and not waiting like last year when I didn't try to get a fogger till it was to late.
Well thanks for wishing me luck, hopefully the fogger coming friday will work as advertised.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The cheaper and smaller machines usually do not have one, but if it has a low fluid level switch did you put in enough fluid in your test to close it ?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I know how frustrating that can be, I hope you get one that works!

I bought my fogger 2 years ago at Walmart, works great. You can always try looking there? It has a remote and covers my whole front yard (and some of neighbors too)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not sure if it helps but I actually buy mine on ebay through vminnovations. The chauvet model I have never had an issue with and I have 5 of them and started with 1 3 years ago, added 2 more last year and added 2 more this year. I test them all the time to make sure they function right and run white vinegar through them to clean them out. Its only $34 shipped and comes with a 2 year warranty. Hope I can post the link and not get in trouble. If its a violation please forgive me as I am new.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CHAUVET-HURRICANE-H700-FOG-SMOKE-PRO-MACHINE-H-700-/390289196959?pt=US_Atmospheric_Effect_Machines&hash=item5adf0c879f

They ship really fast so honestly it is worth a shot. Vminnovations has always been my go to for good warranty. Just thought I would offer that as a backup plan for you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have two Chauvet foggers, a H-1300 and a H-901. Both work great right out of the box. I bought the H-901 from Vminnovations as well and was very happy with it (the blacklights that came with it, not so much; only 3 of the 4 work). I may have even got the H-1300 from them too, but I can't remember. Worth checking out Chauvet and Vminnovations.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Man, fog machines are one of those hit or miss things that really can drive you insane. I've had them work just fine when I got them home, then refuse to work at all on the night I bought them for. And all they are is a burner, a pump and a fan. How hard is that to get right? I made one once from a coffee can, an old plastic Coke bottle, a desk fan and a carafe warmer that burnt sterno and it worked better than some of the ones for sale out there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The cheaper and smaller machines usually do not have one, but if it has a low fluid level switch did you put in enough fluid in your test to close it ?
yes I believe it's enough, it's a little less than 1/2 full. I've read the reviews on amazon and they say this model leaks. I didn't see any evidence of that but again, I put in less than 1/2 tank. Im going to guitar center to pick up my gallon of black label fog juice sometime today.

I know how frustrating that can be, I hope you get one that works!

I bought my fogger 2 years ago at Walmart, works great. You can always try looking there? It has a remote and covers my whole front yard (and some of neighbors too)
JEALOUS!!! :)

Man, fog machines are one of those hit or miss things that really can drive you insane. I've had them work just fine when I got them home, then refuse to work at all on the night I bought them for. And all they are is a burner, a pump and a fan. How hard is that to get right? I made one once from a coffee can, an old plastic Coke bottle, a desk fan and a carafe warmer that burnt sterno and it worked better than some of the ones for sale out there.

got a homemade fogger for sale? :)

Also I bought this fogger its coming Fri:
here

I bought it because it seems to be a knock off of the afx "brick" I saw on minions web here

Looks almost identical, except it does not have auto shut off, what do you think?

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
People have bought cheap $20 foggers from Walmart before and had great luck over many years with theirs so I don't think price necessarily means everything when it comes to foggers. From all the posts I've read they are the most loved/hated item out there. Working one night and then failing after that or not working out of the box at all.

By buying online you might get a good price but you run into the lack of convenience when something goes wrong and you need to keep sending something back and waiting for a replacement. Personally I would buy inexpensive locally and have the option to do a walk-in return/exchange within days of finding out it doesn't work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so true, and after reading many posts here, (including the entire 40+ page thread on chauvet) I ordered a different one after the current one arrived. It's a crap shoot, but if I can get 1 to work I'll be happy lol, we shall see...

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I ordered a fogger a couple of years ago and got the same results. Turns out there was a built in heat protection switch and they normally ship them in the "off" position. I called the company I ordered from and 15 minutes later the manufacturer's technician called me and told me how to reset the button. My only complaint was that they should include a notice about it with the fogger. BTW store coolstuffcheap.com and model VEI 950 Superfogger

So, I would check if you have a reset switch somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered a fogger a couple of years ago and got the same results. Turns out there was a built in heat protection switch and they normally ship them in the "off" position. I called the company I ordered from and 15 minutes later the manufacturer's technician called me and told me how to reset the button. My only complaint was that they should include a notice about it with the fogger. BTW store coolstuffcheap.com and model VEI 950 Superfogger

So, I would check if you have a reset switch somewhere.
this is good information and I will see if I get a lemon on the reship. It's currently boxed up and in about 1 hour Im dropping off this over size paper weight off at usps, and back to amazon. Replacement should be here, (they say) by oct 25 :/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts