Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snow is such a rare occurence here in South West England, and never being one to miss an opportunity I thought I'd post a pic of my very own abominable snowmonkey.
He only took about 4 hours to make using tissue mache, plastic grocery bags and rolled newspaper..I think he's quite cute.:)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW....but in keeping with halloween I think I would call it a winter gargoyle :)
Thanks for all your positive comments guys..It really was just a spur of the moment thing, and he'll probably end up getting painted and used on Halloween.

He was originally supposed to be a "snowdevil" but my neighbour happened to remark that it looked like an evil little Snowmonkey. She also asked why I couldn't just make a regular snowman like everybody else. (she should know me better than that by now).

Anyway, the snow is still falling here so I'm off out to make a snowzombie groundbreaker...:)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great! and glad you english got the snow and not us :)
If you've got any more you don't want, Ms Meeple, send it on over!

It's great! I'm like a kid when it comes to snow.:D:D

Shame I'll probably have to wait another 20 years before we get another lot like this, by which time I might just be ready to complain about it.;)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
If you've got any more you don't want, Ms Meeple, send it on over!

It's great! I'm like a kid when it comes to snow.:D:D

Shame I'll probably have to wait another 20 years before we get another lot like this, by which time I might just be ready to complain about it.;)
Apparently you are in the minority cause they keep showing video clips of the brits and their snow on the dutch news and none of them are looking very happy hahaha
Can't wait to see your snowbreaker zombie :)

MsM

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Apparently you are in the minority cause they keep showing video clips of the brits and their snow on the dutch news and none of them are looking very happy hahaha
Can't wait to see your snowbreaker zombie :)

MsM
I don't understand it. Honestly, other places get 3 or more feet of snow and everything still runs like clockwork. we have an inch or two and the whole country grinds to a halt with dogs stuck to lamp posts, cars disappearing through hedges and little old ladies rolling all over the floor...:confused:

Anyhoo..Some of us enjoy it. here's a couple of pics of my "alternative snowman"..:D

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Wonder what the neighbors think??:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts