Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got all the pneumatic props done and running. So, before I packed it up to go into the garage I thought I'd give you all a sneak peek of Castle of Terra: Vampyr Reign.

Or, as I like to call it...Remote Control of Fear!

Here's two new props that I haven't shown yet. Post-Apocalyptic pneumatic werewolf:

Snakes nesting around a pneumatic ankle tickler:

I've just started working on the 3D ChromaDepth panels. Yep, 3D baby! (but you need the glasses to see how super cool it is):

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
Oh Terra, you never fail to amaze and stupify me. You have so much talent girl! The props are out of this world great. As much as I love the props I'm not sure I'd have the time (or funds) to set up and run things off of a computer like you and others on here on the forum do. I love to watch though and live vicariously. Now the 3-D blacklight painting is something ultra cool too and more do-able for me I think. Hope when you have a chance down the road you can do a tutorial on it unless you have already in which case please point me to it. I'd love to learn more about it. You mentioned glasses. I assume you need to supply these to haunt goers and collect them at the end of the haunt? Tell us more. Until then, I'll replay your video over and over again.....:D

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow thanks :)

Count, loving' the skele too. He reminds me of the zombies in Heavy Metal:

Thanks Spookie, that was so nice to say. Yes, you need a new type of 3D glasses for the effect. ChromaDepth 3D is what the pro-haunts use and I experienced it for the first time at Transworld. I was just blown away with the effects. I am not kidding about the reds looking like they are hovering 2 feet from the surface of the panels. To top it off, if you do the effect on the floor it really weirds you out. You find yourself lifting up your leg to go over the red images. Too freaky:

I will hand the glasses out just before they enter the 3D section and I hope I get most of them back. I found a source that I could get them for 50 cents each (but had to get a big minimum order) so if some of the kids keep them, that that'll be their treat which is okay by me.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Oh my word girl you are just goin' to town. It was definitely worth the investment of your time to build that workshop. Keep working....I'm watching, learning and enjoying every minute. - Hugs MT

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Thanks for showing all that, Terra! Now all that looks like Mission Control for NASA to me.
I'm clueless! I'm glad you have it all figured out!
It all looks awesome and that skeleton is wicked! Great setup!
And Terra DMX is the icing on the cake! :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Makes me wish I still lived in Kansas! All the props look great and the remote is awesome. Nice work!

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks so much everyone. Yes, I am having a blast...though it is intermixed with boatloads of fear when I can't get a file to work or especially the one time I pulled out a pneumatic tube and forgot that the air was still on. Hee! screamed like a six-year-old....

No DMX coffin this year. It made such a big impression last year on the kids that I know they will be looking for it. I really notched it up this year so I will warn them that it's a bit more intense. On my hours sign I have: 5 - 6pm Spooky. 7 - 9:30pm NO MERCY!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, someone has been busy! I love the skeleton so much! I think there must be something wrong with me because I fins the squid/octopus/thingy kinda cute hopping around. :p The TOTers are going to love it all!

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
Wow Terra, wow! And the one thing that amazed me was that throughout it all I never heard the compressor cycle! So, how many air flasks do you have? Did I miss it in the vid? I was looking for my 3-D glasses to see if I could get the effect through the computer! Where are they, I know the little one was playing with them just the other day?! Terrific job, and you have made your workshop pay for itself in just this season alone!

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aw, man...you guys Rock! That's why I love you all so much. Thanks :) :) :)

Wow Terra, wow! And the one thing that amazed me was that throughout it all I never heard the compressor cycle! So, how many air flasks do you have? Did I miss it in the vid? I was looking for my 3-D glasses to see if I could get the effect through the computer! Where are they, I know the little one was playing with them just the other day?! Terrific job, and you have made your workshop pay for itself in just this season alone!
Well, I got kind of lucky, it cycles about once a session. The ankle tickler is the big air hog so that's why I didn't fire the snakes as much. I'm not using reserve air tanks yet. I will try to add a few in the next couple of weeks to take some of the load off the compressor. It's only a 17 gal.

Not all 3D glasses work with this effect. They have to be ChromaDepth glasses. They are the same ones you get if you buy that Crayola Crayons 3D chalk kit. Crayola® Outdoors

Uh...unreal! Someone has spent a lot of time and loads of cash there! ;)

You simply must PM your address or something when you get it all setup so i can come check it out! I'll bring the hearse! :D

Very, very, VERY excellent work!!
You are on! I want to see your set-up too. Gimme a couple of weeks and I'll PM you and set it up. Love to talk shop with you.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Terra
Amazing stuff girl.
The snakes on the ankle tickler is so cool.
I have a VooDoo room with lots of rattlesnakes and cobras.
I was trying to think of a way to scare people with them besides just sitting them around. Might have to build me an ankle tickler.

I am also working on a small black light room like this video.

Question: What kind of 3d glasses are you using?
The ones with blue and red lenses or the polorized type and where are you buying them?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts