Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured if anyone would be able to answer this, you guys would.
Since I bought the jumping snake from spirit this year, I was wanting to make a snake theme in the yard where it will be and have ALLOT of rubber snakes around this animated one to catch them not looking. I did the same thing with the jumping spider last year and it caught allot of people.
Looking online and at my local stores, rubber snakes are around $5 each. needing around 25-50 would add up to divorce in my house.
Does anyone know good bulk places to get them cheaply? or does anyone know how to make snakes cheaply and still look like snakes?

Thanks for any help or sugestions!

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,956 Posts
I found these for $1 a piece. You have to order 48 though. You might have to heat them with a heat gun to straighten them out a little.

http://www.dollartree.com/toys/animal-toys/Animal-World-Plastic-Toy-Snakes-42-/629c636c636p338853/index.pro?method=search

You might be able to take an old garden hose and cut it up in 3-4' sections. Slit one side which would become the belly of the snake but leave a few inches on one end to make a mouth. Spray paint them. Hot glue toothpicks for fangs. You could hot glue the slit back to together in such a way that the snake has curves in it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks you so much. $50 is right about where I wanted to be and I am getting 48 snakes to boot :)

I like the idea of the garden hose also but I just threw an old one away about 3 months ago because it split on me. Man, I have start saving that stuff...

Thanks again for the quick response

1 - 4 of 4 Posts