Halloween Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
super simple, super awesome... just my cuppa tea... brewed in the cauldron of course!
Great idea and great effect. Thanks for the vid.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Love this! Going to use one of my big cauldrons in my collection of Halloween stuff and make this for the new 7foot standing witch I just bought at Oriental Trading (for $40). Great looking and easy! - how much better can you get then that?!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Love this! Going to use one of my big cauldrons in my collection of Halloween stuff and make this for the new 7foot standing witch I just bought at Oriental Trading (for $40). Great looking and easy! - how much better can you get then that?!!
I'm not a big prop buillder like many people on here, but I have to agree that it is a great idea. I'm sure that there will be someone on the forum who will take it to the next level.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I was using green string light on the bottom of my cauldron with a fogger and had to be timed for a few seconds otherwise it smoked the neighbour out last year. I don't know why I never thought of using plexi-glass for the top, it makes sense and seeing your video it looks really cool. This is a definitely must do on my list, thanks for sharing this

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I was using green string light on the bottom of my cauldron with a fogger and had to be timed for a few seconds otherwise it smoked the neighbour out last year. I don't know why I never thought of using plexi-glass for the top, it makes sense and seeing your video it looks really cool. This is a definitely must do on my list, thanks for sharing this
You're welcome. Thanks for watching!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing your ideas. I bought a Gemmy Witch with cauldron this year, and unfortunately like many of us on here have reported, the cauldron doesnt work. They are thankfully sending me a replacement, so now I have an extra cauldron to use in my Witch's Lair. I was going to purchse another cheap mister, but I think I like the effect of this so much more :)

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Thanks for the information on my idea of expanding on the smoking cauldron. I am gong to plan to make one with PVC pipe to direct the fog as sugested.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
That looks awesome. Is there a way I can make this set up with a faux campfire underneath? I have a dream of making a campfire with greatstuff and a light string. I think it would look great to have that under the smoking caldron. The only problem I see to that is having the caldron suspended I have to engeneer a way to rise up the fog machine to be even with the caldron. How can I do this without having the fog machine and anything holding it up or anythind directing fog from being seen? Any ideas?

go get the cheap plastic flex hose from home depot, cut to the length you need, in the pvc aisle, you can paint it black and attach it to your cauldron and then run it to the fogger and use a pvc pipe fitting off the fogger to the hose, tape it secure/seal.......there you go.....

i'd rather do that and split the hose from the fogger so it can go to another prop also...

·
A 1 man army of darkness
2,586 Posts
This is an outstanding idea! I've had the same problem as others, slowing down the fog coming from the cauldron and my hell hole. You posted the solution, and you have my sincere personal thanks HalloweenHorrors! Awesome! :D

Heheh, already have the plexi on hand too. ;) :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
hmmm, i hope i can restart this thread, i am building a cauldron this year and would love to add this effect to it, but i have a couple of questions.

1: the moisture from the fog with an electrical outlet/ light bulb in it. any issues? safety hazard?

2: if not, why not place the fog machine directly in the cauldron to hide it?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts