Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the $24.99 smoking cauldron from Canadian Tire...

Aaaaaand... it sucks. The mechanism works, but it is set so low in the bowl that none of the mist escapes. You essentially have to stick your head in the bowl to see the smoke or the light... Not exactly what is displayed on the packaging. SOOOOO DISAPPOINTING! It is getting returned tomorrow.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,077 Posts
sorry it didn't work as promised.

I've got something similar - it's an ultrasonic mister with lights, and it has a claw that holds a glass globe.
Kind of like this one:
Crystal Ball Fogger / Mister

I didn't think it was going to look that impressive, but I picked it up last year in the Halloween clearance sales for something like $6. It actually is pretty impressive and I was very pleased with it.

I wouldn't give up on it - maybe you got a defective mister?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet. And good price too.

The annoying thing is that the mechanism seems to work fine, but the design is such that you don't get any mist 'overflow'... nothing escapes because it is too deep. Grrrr...
When I return it, I will take a look at the others. Maybe I just grabbed one that had the agitator seated too low.

Where did you buy yours?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,077 Posts
Garden Ridge - a decor/floral/cheapy furniture store around the US. They have a crappy website, but GREAT deals and a huge selection of Halloween stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts