Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am not very mechanically or carpentry inclined. But I was going to buy a baseball Batting cage, something similar to 10x20x10 dimensions, then splitting the netting and setting it up in 2 rooms to end into 1 with me in last room, then kids get candy, happily ever after. Has anyone ever done one like this? The price is not crazy, my storage capacity is full so I thought the cage would easily fold away. Also what would you recommend for walls, maybe cardboard boxes and covering the outside with black and other color tarps?
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
Everyday is Halloween 🎃
26 Posts
Great idea, how would you separate it into two areas? Cardboard?
what about hanging a curtain or another of those light table cloths as your partition? That way depending on the batting netting material you could just safety pin it on. It would make for easy adjustment for room sizes also if you wanted to switch it up year to year. I love this, I’ve never thought of it! We use pop up canopies, but this is brilliant, for a tunnel motif especially!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about hanging a curtain or another of those light table cloths as your partition? That way depending on the batting netting material you could just safety pin it on. It would make for easy adjustment for room sizes also if you wanted to switch it up year to year. I love this, I’ve never thought of it! We use pop up canopies, but this is brilliant, for a tunnel motif especially!
I like it, the broad idea I have but the figuring out the finishing construction parts, I was stuck. Good ideas

·
Registered
382 Posts
@TheBatAndHatchet …. Looking into using multiple canopies myself. Wondering if you used them as a walkthrough or just to display. If you used them as walkthrough how did you cover them and secured them?

I agree using black plastic table cloth with creep cloth. I have used black landscaping material (plastic one). Keep it light.
you

·
Registered
Everyday is Halloween 🎃
26 Posts
@TheBatAndHatchet …. Looking into using multiple canopies myself. Wondering if you used them as a walkthrough or just to display. If you used them as walkthrough how did you cover them and secured them?

I agree using black plastic table cloth with creep cloth. I have used black landscaping material (plastic one). Keep it light.
you
@Shyra Hi! So we use multiple pop up canopies in a row tied together and then anchored with tent spikes. We also invested in painters drop cloth canvas as our drapes. They’re pretty water resistant for the most part, but I wouldn’t recommend it if your area gets early snow. The canvas helps with overall weight too, though where I live wind isn’t too huge of an issue. The canvas is also washable, but we usually just use a heat gun and let them air dry out in the garage post season. We have a circus theme, so we painted the canvas with red and white and also black and white stripes. I’ve also used it to make freak show banners :) it takes paint great (obviously) haha. Hope that helps!!
Vertebrate Cartoon Mammal Art Font

·
Registered
46 Posts
@Shyra Hi! So we use multiple pop up canopies in a row tied together and then anchored with tent spikes. We also invested in painters drop cloth canvas as our drapes. They’re pretty water resistant for the most part, but I wouldn’t recommend it if your area gets early snow. The canvas helps with overall weight too, though where I live wind isn’t too huge of an issue. The canvas is also washable, but we usually just use a heat gun and let them air dry out in the garage post season. We have a circus theme, so we painted the canvas with red and white and also black and white stripes. I’ve also used it to make freak show banners :) it takes paint great (obviously) haha. Hope that helps!!
View attachment 761624
I'd be interested in seeing pictures of your setup if you have any. I am toying with the idea of using a canopy over my walkway since it's not really too long.

·
Registered
Everyday is Halloween 🎃
26 Posts
I agree… it would be great to see some pics of your setup! @TheBatAndHatchet

thanks!
@Shyra @retiredhaunter I didn’t take any pictures of the whole haunt last year unfortunately, we were excited to have it up but got bummed when we didn’t get too many kids because of our high covid rates in Washington :( I will post some of what we did take and tag you though. We’re going to try again this year and I’ll post the full set up process, because we’re going to try to do Skeletons for St. Jude ☠🎃💀

·
Registered
Everyday is Halloween 🎃
26 Posts
@Shyra @retiredhaunter
So I don’t have photos of the easy up canopies, but this is Rudy, and he is plywood anchored to our balcony, with painter’s canvas banner sides, and then plywood anchors for his fangs on the bottom. We did rivets and a staple gun to put it all together for a funhouse walkthrough for the kids to get candy. We love the painter’s canvas because it’s durable and we found multiple uses for it, but again, it isn’t as cost effective as I’d like :(
Building Door Light Flowerpot Architecture

1 - 15 of 15 Posts