Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you buy this? - Gorestore Chopshop

Hello!

I'm Lily and I am just recently breaking into the gore effects making scene. I love doing products by hand and I wanted to put my feelers out there to see how much of a market there is for things like handmade teeth, bones, bone fragments, skin, intestines and such at a low price. Realistic, made life-size, and made with love & care.

I have a price list set up and it's all extraordinarily cheap. I'd love to post it, if people are interested!

So, would anyone be interested in a shop like this? Let me know. I'm excited to open shop and start serving the Halloween Forum base.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, currently, my pricelist is:

Vampire Killing Kit - $ 25 . 00
An aged, velvet-lined kit with all the supplies need to kill a vampire – permanently. Supplies vary from kit to kit. May include: A vial of holy water, a Bible, a stake & hammer, a rosary, a cross, garlic, a mirror, a silver chain, matches, an extra vial for storing fangs, pliers to remove fangs.

Bag of Parts - VARIES
A loose mesh bag filled with as many body parts as you'd like. Indicate in your order which parts/how many. Parts include: Intestines, bones, bone shrapnel, bits of skin, vials of blood, fingers, teeth, skulls. View pricing of individual parts below. Must buy a bag with at least $5.00 worth of parts. Please indicate whether or not you want your parts blood-splattered.

Bucket/Basket of Parts - VARIES
A woven basket OR tin pail with as many body parts as you'd like. Indicate in your order which parts/how many. Parts include: Intestines, bones, bone shrapnel, bits of skin, fingers, teeth, skulls. View pricing of individual parts below. Must buy a bag with at least $6.00 worth of parts. Please indicate whether or not you want your parts blood-splattered.

Separate Parts - See Below
Hand-crafted gore. Always life size. Refer to these prices when ordering buckets or bags of parts.

Intestines (1) - 1-3 feet long: $1.00 4-5 feet long: $2.00 6+ feet: 4.00
Bones (1) - $1.50
Bone shrapnel (5-6 shards) - $0.50
Bits of skin (1) - $1.00
Teeth (3) - $1.50
Skulls (1) - $5.00
Vial of blood (1) - small: 1.00 large: 2.50

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have a picture of a fresh batch of teeth in just a few minutes! This is the initial concept, just want to see if people would be interested.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here's the newest batch of teeth! Werewolf, vampire, and human.

3 of your choice for 1.50, as seen on the price list. What do you think? Reasonable?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bones are in the works and the rest of the inventory is in its concept stage. I just want to know if people would be interested! Not looking for buyers right now. I'll happily update with pics and an official thread when everything's done!

So, theoretically, with life-size and high quality props for sale, would you consider buying from me?

·
Registered
365 Posts
the prices look great but I think it would come down to quality... $5 for a realistic skull would be awesome... other homemade realistic skulls... that look awesome... sell for 20-25. Plus we've all seen Allen's vid's so I think part of what you have to do is do a better job on your production than we can! If we feel we couldn't meet your quality then we'll buy from you instead of trying it on our own and ending up with unrealistic teeth. :)

If your product came close to the quality of say Aranamuerta's skulls and at that low price I'd be happy to buy. If the skull looks like a Blucky skull that was filled with Great Stuff...(Dr. Kreepy's method) then no thanks.

And of course there are those that don't have the time to try these things on their own... so you'll always have a market to sell to there if your prices are reasonable... which they are.

The teeth look awesome... so if everything else follows suit your offer sounds great! I'll watch for your offerings in the coming weeks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you so much for the detailed reply, xrockonx911! I've been looking for a response like this.

I have yet to make a skull, but I intend to produce the highest quality possible and offer them for a steal. I have the urge to craft and I'm not dying to make money off it, I just want to be a reliable source!

I'll certainly take a look at Aranamuerta's method.

Thank you so much!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,551 Posts
If the teeth are an indicator of the type of work you do, and the prices are reasonable (not cheap) just reasonable, then I think your market will be there. I personally am not crafty nor do I have the time/patience to make small parts, etc. I'm also not cheapskate. I'll pay fair money for nice stuff. Bones and such are neat and not many places offer them. Things like the vampire killing kits will appeal to a select group of haunters. A lot of vendors offer body parts, some being very realistic so it may come down to price point. All in all I think if you came up with a small inventory and some pics, people could see what you're offering and then you could guage interest. So far it looks great! I'd be in!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jdubbya,

Thank you so much! All this feedback is giving me good ideas about the direction I should go in.

Thank you for all the support, guys! I'll keep workin' on it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Setting up a press kit right now with all the materials, pricing, and inventory information I'll need for the opening of the shop.

You guys have me all hyped about this. Just tested one of the bone shards in some gore make up and they're really fantastic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts