Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Forgive me if this is in the wrong sub-forum but I don't quite know where to put this.

I need some help with planning this years festivities, I want to go all out and do some more adventurous/handcrafted decoration for the ToT's.
Unfortunately I have very little space, I live in a shared Victorian mid-terrace house and the outdoor space limited to the stairs and a small fence.
I am thinking of building an entry-way to bridge the pillars in front of the steps, it'll have to be made of card and can't be anchored with anything but string, command strips and or tape.
Any ideas?

Here's what I have to work with (plus my seriously hurried costume from last year)

·
Registered
902 Posts
sometimes small spaces are more fun because you can pay attention to the details instead of filling up a large space. I would utilize that transom window and the window to your right , maybe something peeking thru the curtains , maybe shred up some black creepy cloth and hang it up in the entryway. maybe something in that lower level, looking up at people, get some corn stalks and a bunch of pumpkins, that's a fun spot you have there!

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
I agree, it is a pretty cool entrance/space! I agree with SD, some things lurking and peering down or up at people would work well. Also emphasize the small area by making it feel claustrophobic by enclosing it more. Plays off very common phobia. Add lot's of creepy cloth, spider webs, corn stalks (that is a great idea), dim lighting for the stairs, these kinds of things will make it creepy!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alas the window isn't mine, I just use their windowsil to hang things from.
I'm not sure if I can get corn stalks here, I'm in the middle of the city. I think I could do something with dried grasses or something like that!

Love the idea of a more claustrophobic area! It'll also help with crowd control as we always get a bottleneck of kids trying to get up and down the stairs.

Thanks for the ideas! :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
something else you could try is cut out a big nasty mouth out of cardboard, paint it up and attach it to those columns so it looks like you're getting eaten up going to the door, lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts