Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You could build your own mini spot and hook it up to a power supply that you can then plug into a timer.

You could hook up several mini spots to this power supply. 100ma = 1Amp

If you want to hook up more mini spots you could go with a power supply like this.

Just get some 16 gauge speaker wire to lengthen the leads on the lights.

Here is a tutorial from Stiltbeast on how to make your own mini spots.

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MatrixMom - what are you trying to achieve here? Unless you use a really intense light source you may not the effect you are looking for. Also be aware that a “true” UV led light will output light at 365nm. Cheaper lights will output light at 395nm or higher and the UV effect will be much less obvious. Here is an example of a true 365nm led bulb: https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-A19-LED-2W-BLB/dp/B013W6SJEM/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_60_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=S0EJDQDFXM7K4DMW17PS
Thanks so much JW Halloween. I am trying to acheive the same look in my head above, just not with UV flashlight (I don't want to keep turning it on and off everynight). I want something small, black (uv) light that I can plug in and set on a timer. I know the video above is pretty easy, but this will be in a warm, humid environment (florida!) and I don't want to burn my house down if I do something wrong.:LOL: I just thought they premade something like my amazon link above, just already hooked up to a power source for easy plug in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just installed these UV pegs in a hanging ghost. They are supposed to be water resistant. Instead of splicing them to a battery, you could tie them to a plug and then a timer switch.

BRIGHTEST Light Bolt - Flush Mount 12V LED Light for Bumper, Grille, Cars Interior, Dash, Ambient Lighting, Motorcycle w/SLEEK Aluminum Housing & Screw Nut (11 mm Black, UV Ultra Violet LED) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ADHUYNW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KkbIDb4HM0XKA

I also got a green pair.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
There might be a way to hook the LEDs to something like those, but I sure do not know how. I used the mini spots I made outside where we experience a lot of moisture. Instead of using wire nuts to connect the wires together I carefully twisted the wires together and then coated them with liquid electric tape. You can find the liquid electrical tape in the same aisle as regular electrical tape. You could also solder the wires together and then use some heat shrink butt connectors over the connections to make sure everything stays safely connected and waterproofed. I used the liquid electrical tape as it was cheaper than using the heat shrink connectors for the amount of lights I was putting together. My husband uses the liquid electrical tape all the time to coat nicked wires that run underground. He has been an electrician for nearly 20 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts