Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has experience with shiatsu body massagers I could use your help. I just scored 2 shiatsu massagers for a combined price of $11 from a local thrift store. I'm trying to understand the reason why in various tutorials the post caps on a shiatsu messager are detailed as being removed, when building a break out zombie. If the caps are removed I would think that this would create a loose sloppy fit for the pipe connection. Please explain why I need to remove the caps

·
Registered
491 Posts
Siatzu posts

If anyone has experience with shiatsu body massagers I could use your help. I just scored 2 shiatsu massagers for a combined price of $11 from a local thrift store. I'm trying to understand the reason why in various tutorials the post caps on a shiatsu messager are detailed as being removed, when building a break out zombie. If the caps are removed I would think that this would create a loose sloppy fit for the pipe connection. Please explain why I need to remove the caps
Hey Myra,
I didn't remove mine, I just used PVC Glue to attach the 1 1/4" PVC Pipe to it. And yes it made it more sturdy to me. I don't think there is any "rules" to these, like most of the stuff we build it's more like whatever works. (or sometimes doesn't):confused:

P.S. SCORE on the $11 for 2, I paid 9.99 for each of mine.

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
I got mine for $3 and I'm using it as-is with 1¼" to 3/4" adapters since I had a bunch of 3/4" fittings and pipe laying around. I did not see any need for removing the caps although if the pipe is loosely coupled to just the shafts, it would randomly jerk around more.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine for $3 and I'm using it as-is with 1¼" to 3/4" adapters since I had a bunch of 3/4" fittings and pipe laying around. I did not see any need for removing the caps although if the pipe is loosely coupled to just the shafts, it would randomly jerk around more.
The random jerking around was one thing I was concerned about. would this be a good thing or bad thing for realism.

·
Master of my own Universe
975 Posts
Removing the post caps allows you to fit the PVC pipe loosely over the posts. Fitting anything tightly to the shiatsu posts will only give you a circular motion and not the back and forth motion...

Then by using plastic plumbers tape, this holds the PVC pipe in place, and gives the movement required.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi. Been reading about the shiatsu massagers. Does anyone have a vid that shows this in action with a prop?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts