Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14 x 26 patio maze with framed 2x3 walls and i want to install sliding doors that can be activated on demand to trap people in certain sections of the haunt until i am ready 2 release them...........Any one wanna bite on this?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hmmm. I suppose there are any number of ways to make a door slide back-and-forth in a track. The tricky part is how do you do it in such a way that if someone gets stuck in the door it doesn't kill them. My first thought is to use a motor attached to a cam (or maybe a spool of rope?) attached to the door. When activated the motor would turn on and pull the door open. When the motor was turned off a spring or bungee cords would then pull the door closed. This way if someone got stuck in the door they could just push back agains the spring and it would open.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I was toying with this earlier this summer, and couldn't come up with an inexpensive way to keep someone from getting crushed in the door.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm. I suppose there are any number of ways to make a door slide back-and-forth in a track. The tricky part is how do you do it in such a way that if someone gets stuck in the door it doesn't kill them. My first thought is to use a motor attached to a cam (or maybe a spool of rope?) attached to the door. When activated the motor would turn on and pull the door open. When the motor was turned off a spring or bungee cords would then pull the door closed. This way if someone got stuck in the door they could just push back agains the spring and it would open.
that could work - thank you ill let you know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts