Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all seen them, and if you haven't you probably want to watch this video:
YouTube - Knott's Scary Farm 2008
They call themselves sliders, the creeps that run around sliding on their hands and knees creeping the living $h!T outta people at haunted houses and scream parks. Now you probably have seen the gloves online and said, "WOW! 150 bucks for a pair of gloves with some metal on them?" Well I have recently found an overlooked tutorial on how to make your own "Monster Gloves". I myself have not tested it out but it does seem promising. You will need some sort of kneepads to slide. I personally longboard as a summer hobbie and have these things called slide gloves. They are a glove with a plastic puck which is meant to slide to perform tricks. Here is a link to some slide gloves for longboarding:
Longboard Slide Gloves At Daddies Board Shop Motion, Loaded, Triple 8 and More..

I haven't had time to test my pair of longboarding slide gloves out but I am sure they might work. The only problem is that they wont get that sparking effect of metal and pavement. I have been looking into this. To view a tutorial on how to make your own "Monster Gloves" click the link below:
RCPro :: Your Source for High Quality Coaster Information!

I hope this helps some people out. It really is an amazing effect for any proffesional or home haunt.

Peace,
The Reaper

·
Registered
122 Posts
I love watching these guys in action at the parks!! Univeral Studios here in California seems to have the best sliders.

·
Registered
119 Posts
In sorry but I must disagree with the sliders at universal studios. Knotts has the best sliders they invented the art of sliding. I have made this gloves for my wife, son and nephew. They are fun to use!

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
I have made my own sliding gear for cheaper.

using:

8 1/2inch Flex 90 degree Conduit Connectors (Fingers @ about $1.25 Each)
2 3/4Inch Flex 90 degree Conduit Connectors (Thumbs @ about $1.50 Each)
1 Work gloves from Home Depot ($15)
8 Medium Sized Washers ($0.20 Each)
1 Pair of Pro Tech Knee Pads at Vans ( about $30)
1 Pair of Steel Toe boots from walmart ($20)
1 E6000 Glue from any Fabric Store ($3)

564367_473115912712644_2092869689_n.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts