Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've said before that Slenderman needs more love. There's not allot of of Slenderman props around, so lets change that.

For 2015, this is my 7 foot Slenderman. He's made from an old suit (luckily, a friend of mine is quite tall and slender), wood frame body.
The head and hands are sculpted. For the face, I didn't want to use a completely featureless look, so there are some vague details.

The tentacles are copper pipe insulation with heavy gage wire inside. The wire allows for the tentacle to be shaped in various poses.
Middle picture is the body, waiting for the head to be ready. I started with 4 tentacles, Slender lore mentions 4 to 6, so I settled on 5 for now.

I hope he doesn't look too much like a fashion store mannequin!

Slender1.jpg Slender2.jpg Slender3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
Every time I see a slenderman, I think he needs a nice hat.

I think my reaction stems from an episode of the 80's run of the twilight zone. "The Shadow Man"...which is essentially the same basic character, but in a duster and a hat. Since that run is pretty ingrained into the back of my mind, being petrified of most episodes as a kid, that's probably no surprise.

Anyway, my issues with Slenderman aside, yours is very well done.

I think I would strongly consider giving that face sculpt a paint job to highlight that nice detail. Just some subtle shading, nothing too dramatic.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Great work! My sons are HUGE slenderman fans and my oldest has dressed as him the past 2 years to creep out the trick or treaters. Looks as though we did the tentacles the same as yours. (Pipe insulation over wire?) Next year we are going to try and make a more realistic version such as yours with elongated arms, legs and fingers and may even go as far as to make it a partial puppet or marionette.

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every time I see a slenderman, I think he needs a nice hat.

I think my reaction stems from an episode of the 80's run of the twilight zone. "The Shadow Man"...which is essentially the same basic character, but in a duster and a hat. Since that run is pretty ingrained into the back of my mind, being petrified of most episodes as a kid, that's probably no surprise.

Anyway, my issues with Slenderman aside, yours is very well done.

I think I would strongly consider giving that face sculpt a paint job to highlight that nice detail. Just some subtle shading, nothing too dramatic.
Great ideas, thank you

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great work! My sons are HUGE slenderman fans and my oldest has dressed as him the past 2 years to creep out the trick or treaters. Looks as though we did the tentacles the same as yours. (Pipe insulation over wire?) Next year we are going to try and make a more realistic version such as yours with elongated arms, legs and fingers and may even go as far as to make it a partial puppet or marionette.
Thanks, any pictures of your son's outfit?

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool prop.

... But, I just don't find him a very scary / Halloween character.
Yeah, that's interesting and maybe why we don't see as much of slendy.

Just wondering, have you played any of the pc/tablet/smart phone games?

I didn't think much of him until the games (and I'm not a gamer). I thought he was a variant of the classic MIB (not the comic or Will Smith movies)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Excellent prop! I'm working on a Slender Man prop myself. I was wondering, how did you finish the tentacles? Is that black duct tape or plastidip spray?

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Excellent prop! I'm working on a Slender Man prop myself. I was wondering, how did you finish the tentacles? Is that black duct tape or plastidip spray?
You got it, the spray (messy though)
It was a spray on rubber sealant (black) the rubber allows it to remain flexable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts