Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a huge thunderstorm roll in today so i decided to put my free time to good use. This is the frame for my Slenderman prop. Currently it stands just over seven feet. The bricks are temporary weight until i can get some sandbags. Apparently there was a run on them today with the storm.

DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you give some insight as to how long the pvc pieces are? Im wanting to make one in time for halloween and Im trying to get a good start on it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i have had to slow down work on slenderman thanks to classes and my brother. He now runs whenever he sees me coming with tinfoil and tape. For the frame i have learned several things. When i put the amateur hands and head on to test them, along with the pants i realized that i had made a mistake. I had taken normal proportions and just stretched them up a bit. This left me with a tall, but not slender man, i was forced to cut off almost half a foot in his width to make him slender again. the new measurements are.

Shoulders 20 inches
Waist 20 inches
Legs 4 feet long
Chest 3 feet long
Arms 4 feet long, This allows them to reach well past the waist and make the illusion that he is even thinner.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are the hands and head. i am in the process of painting them and will hopefully be able to post those pics by this weekend.

DSCN0308.jpg

DSCN0307.jpg

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Be careful to keep the weight down. I tried making a similar prop last year. The PVC buckled under the weight. I switched to the gray extra-rigid electrical conduit PVC and still had problems with it sagging. I finally got fed up with the problems and axe murdered it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts