Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love everyone's ideas on this year's party. I'm going for the Colonial Style Sleepy Hollow Theme. I'm doing the spooky Headless Horseman theme outside but indoors will be kind of like the VanTassel party. I'm doing a version of HGTV's Halloween block party.

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ugh... drool... can I come?

That is going to be spectacular... I would encourage everyone who wanted costume suggestions to just wear costumes of that time period!

I agree with the pie idea for desserts!

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Printer, it's really sad. You survive deployment to come home and be shot on your own base :( I feel so bad for the families.

If I don't unpack anything I'll unpack the Halloween boxes. Haha...it will actually probably be easier. I won't have to take down all of the existing stuff. I'm insane with Halloween decorating. I change curtains, pictures, what knots, dishes, bedding. Everything. Totally like another house.

Kelloween I have that window silhouette pinned but never thought to have it shine on the inside. Brilliant! Definitely 100% doing that. Thanks!

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone have ideas on the cheapest and best way to do these burlap type tablecloth and curtains? Or where to buy them premade if they are not bazillion dollars.
Joann fabrics has burlap fabric but it's $12.99 a yard.
I've checked etsy and eBay. Just want to make sure theres nothing cheaper out there

Attachments

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Beautiful boards pumpkinpie. I was happy to see I was already following you! Funny how we find each other hu. Haha...looks like we have the same vision of sleepy hollow :)

Yeah I had to steal a few of your pins...love your ideas

Check out my thanksgiving board too, I have these adorable little (donut hole) acorns that might also b a cute dessert :) I'm thinking anything natural, fall, Victorian and silver/pewter will fit your theme beautifully

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never would have thought to look at Lowe's. Awesome. I don't know why anyone who has a party doesn't bounce it off of everyone here. Saves time and money and you get even more ideas.

You have said exactly the look I'm going for. A lot of fall type things with fancy silver. The good part is I can put away all of my headless stuff and the dining room will already be set for Thanksgiving.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts