Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,351 Posts
Incredible realism on those tombstone. Also, your site is fantastic and that pales in comparison to your headless horseman prop! WOW!!!!!! Are you going to do a tutorial of the horseman? Please, pretty please with an eyeball on top? :):):):D:):):)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just sponged the paint on until I got the effect I was looking for.
I tried to lighten them up this year esp. around the wording. Kept the edges dark.
Used touches of light and dark greens and gold here and there.
Previous years I dried brush..just wanted more color this year.
A wireless dremmell was used for wording...printed out the wording and simply placed the paper on top of the tombstone and carved.

·
Hauntless
8,351 Posts
Your graveyard is awesome...I was thinking of condensing mine this year..I have a large front yard and the headstones looked too spaced out.. Your look is fantastic and you've created pure art with your display...I might have to copy that look one day! It's brilliant.....Love the fence and crows.
Thanks...It's funny you say that you want to move your tombstones closer together. I would actually like to spread mine out like yours (I think it would look better) but because of the multitude of young kids around, I need to keep them from playing among them. Also, the fence is hopefully a theft deterrent.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Civ, your tombstones look wonderful. They are sooo realistic and it's very hard to achieve. I love your two with the Tombliques also. I finally used my winged skull one this year. It's a great product, isn't it?

And the headless horseman prop - WOW...words can't even describe how fantastic that looks. Excellent, excellent work! Can't wait to see more.

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Everyday I get more and more amazed at the talent on this forum.
Civ - the tombstones, and headless horseman are incredible. Your site is very nice as well.
Want to see more from you.....your work is extremely nice and realistic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts