Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why limit Halloween decorations to one month out of the year? That was our thought when we were taking everything down this year, and that's how Skully the Skeleton became a permanent fixture on our house! We started decorating him for different holidays and the neighborhood seems to really love it (well, most of them at least...)

We started a Facebook page for Skully so locals could keep an eye on his changes, but I figured folks here would probably get a kick out of it too! So give it a "like" if you want to see how Skully changes throughout the year.

https://www.facebook.com/skullytheskeleton

A few of his looks so far...

St. Paddy's Day

Valentine's Day

Christmas

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
My, how leprechauns, cherubs, and fat men have grown in height and languished in weight...:p Pretty awesome, Rustie.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,334 Posts
Hey, it's no worse than people that dress those geese or change their flags to match the season! It's probably more interesting than a goose too!

There's a house near my in-laws that has a very large (it looks close to life sized), brown, chainsaw carved bear & they change his/her dress according to the season. He just had a hat like Skully's for St. Patrick's Day, I forget what they did for Valentine's Day, he'll have bunny ears for Easter, a big floppy gardening hat & flowers for spring, a bikini in the summer (my fave), a big Uncle Sam hat & flag for July 4th, once football season starts he gets a football jersey (I forget if it's Washington or Baltimore), Halloween there's a witch hat, cape & maybe broom, Thanksgiving is a Pilgrim hat, & Christmas is of course a Santa hat & sack. We look forward to seeing the wardrobe changes every time we pass.

Like I said the bikini is my fave & every time we pass it makes me smile. One day I want stop & ask about him/her & see if he/she has a name & find out where they got it. A guy up the street from us has a small chainsaw bear but he's not the type to dress it up.

We have several large, cement Moai heads & I give them witch hats for Halloween & Santa hats for Christmas. They're "naked" in the spring, summer & most of the winter though.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

RCIAG, love the bikini idea! That could be pretty hilarious.

We welcomed a new nephew the other day and I knew our house was on my sister's route home from the hospital, so we made sure Skully was celebrating!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Love the idea!!! Our neighborhood already thinks we are weird because my mom likes flamingoes and has them out all year (we have some with Santa hats that like up for Christmas and I've gotten her the skeleton and zombie yard flamingoes).

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Thanks guys!

RCIAG, love the bikini idea! That could be pretty hilarious.

We welcomed a new nephew the other day and I knew our house was on my sister's route home from the hospital, so we made sure Skully was celebrating!

So... You gave random strangers the kid's full name, and if they paid attention to when the celebratory sign went up, they'll shave two days off the date to get a birth date based in the 48 hour hospital stay enforced by the insurance companies... Instant identity theft!

I really should stop seeing the bad in everything.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So... You gave random strangers the kid's full name, and if they paid attention to when the celebratory sign went up, they'll shave two days off the date to get a birth date based in the 48 hour hospital stay enforced by the insurance companies... Instant identity theft!

I really should stop seeing the bad in everything.
Birth announcements in everything from newspapers to facebook to yard signs are pretty standard. Not to mention it's pretty easy to find anyone's birthday online. Thanks for the concern though ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
22 Participants
dbruner
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing